KermaTDI Q Loader Problems

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
sure but i thought he stated he didnt get the maps yet. I want to here his comments once he gets the tune in the car and drives it. you have to upload your stock maps, send to kerma by email, then kerma sends you the custom tune for your car i think. I want to hear he comments after its up and running with the tune installed.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
BYW Vail
How do you like the Koni FSB/ Shine setup as opposed to the HD's

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
diesel-dave said:
BYW Vail
How do you like the Koni FSB/ Shine setup as opposed to the HD's
I like it! I still need more time driving!

I've been either working at kerma .... or up on the mountain teaching or shredding the nar!:D

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Vail so how do the bilsteins HD's compare to the Koni FSB's on the shine setup or in general?

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
diesel-dave said:
Vail so how do the bilsteins HD's compare to the Koni FSB's on the shine setup or in general?
Give me more time to drive, but I think the FSD's will come close or equal to the Bilstein HD's, Bilstein Sports, or Koni Sports...but will probably provide closer to OEM ride comfort [or better] on rougher roads.

I like the feel of Bilsteins....so I don't find a problem with ride quality.

Other people may not agree and find the Bilsteins and the Koni Sports* too harsh.[ *Koni Yellows ]

The Koni FSD looks to be the ideal solution for near OEM comfort and near top performance.

Shine Springs and Shine Rear Sway Bar are a perfect A4 street combo, IMHO.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't like HDs--too harsh for me, expecially in rebound. Part of that is the broken up roads around here. Yellows are smoother, and work well with Shine springs. FSDs with stock springs are great for a daily driver you want to also handle well, and the Shine rear bar really helps keep understeer and roll under control. It doesn't handle near as well as a full Shine setup but is a better ride-handling compromise for a middle-aged guy who does a lot of long distance driving on bad roads. I love the Shine/Koni yellow setup on the Golf when I want to have fun, however.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Sorry for not responding earlier guys, just installed the tune tonight, haven't taken her out yet; just round the block. Quick hop in the shower then off for a quick blast.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Installed the Stage I last night and to be frank, I can't say I have noticed too much difference performance wise. It is ALOT smoother, both at idle and through the range up to 60+, revving way too high though past that; Need's tweaking for sure. If you look at the mod's the car has had so far, I wasn't expecting the world from KermaTDI, just smoothing everything out which they have done. I'm quite happy with the set up right now, just need to sort out the high end now it's complete.

Beach

TDI
2003 VW Beetle TDI
Same person here, I just dropped the 'kokpelli' from my name. Paul from Kerma mentioned the high revving at higher speeds could be due to transmission slip? The belt itself was done only last summer and has only done 16,000 since then. I think I would have noticed a tremendous difference with the tune if I hadn't added the nozzles, CAI, and racepipe etc, it's hard to tell with the add on's. I need to get it Vag Com'd then send the file off to Paul to be sure. Something to mull over with a beer this weekend :D