kerma TDI?...way to go? need help

paulyt

TDI
2013 Jetta Sport wagon
hello...
I'm a newb, I reckon and would love some help.
I've a 2013 Jetta wagon with almost a 100k on board.
I just purchased the "kermatdi" & "DSG" times....
any insight or suggestions on upgrading the exhaust as well?
I was unaware that the the kerma stuff does not go with any mods to stock exhaust....I believe.
I was under the impression that eliminating the dpf and egr or whatever was one way to go....
thoughts?

Mastertrim

TDI
2003 Jetta ALH; 2004 Golf BEW; 2011 Golf CJAA
Most wait till they need it or warranty runs out. Rawtech or darkside seem to be the way to go. I have a 2001 Golf with Kerma's tunes with stock exhaust, it's plenty quick. Not that it couldnt use more :). Facebook tdi forums have alot more chat and info into this subject then here. Yeah, Kerma doesn't like to do non-federal regulated exhaust stuff. Believe the worry is being sued like one of the diesel trucks guys did.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
hello...
I was unaware that the the kerma stuff does not go with any mods to stock exhaust....I believe.
I was under the impression that eliminating the dpf and egr or whatever was one way to go....
thoughts?
If you ask they might offer a race only tune. That's why I went with Malone. Canada based. So it's easier to snake by. Rawteck and darkside are the only good places. My buddy can make you an exhaust. Dm for price.

paulyt

TDI
2013 Jetta Sport wagon
Most wait till they need it or warranty runs out. Rawtech or darkside seem to be the way to go. I have a 2001 Golf with Kerma's tunes with stock exhaust, it's plenty quick. Not that it couldnt use more :). Facebook tdi forums have alot more chat and info into this subject then here. Yeah, Kerma doesn't like to do non-federal regulated exhaust stuff. Believe the worry is being sued like one of the diesel trucks guys did.
ty MT....
I appreciate you taking time to reply and share your insights..... much appreciate....

paulyt

TDI
2013 Jetta Sport wagon
If you ask they might offer a race only tune. That's why I went with Malone. Canada based. So it's easier to snake by. Rawteck and darkside are the only good places. My buddy can make you an exhaust. Dm for price.

thanks chaos... if that's the route for me, is be stoked to look into that custom exhaust.... than you for taking the time to reply and share the pics.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
thanks chaos... if that's the route for me, is be stoked to look into that custom exhaust.... than you for taking the time to reply and share the pics.
I've got a different turbo than stock. This is straightpiped. It's all stainless and mandrel bent.

And this is with the resonater. If your staying stock turbo. 2.25" is plenty.
https://youtube.com/shorts/jSe-i5uow_A?feature=share

Coal roll

TDI
2014 JSW
hello...
thoughts?
Howdy
I put a raw tech 3-in turbo back as well as a DPF delete, stage 2 Malone tune, I gained an impressive amount of power, and got 750 miles off my last tank.
I did not upgrade the clutch and was very impressed with the performance over stock.
I bought an Eco kit exhaust, and put a flowmaster race muffler on there. I'm not a hot dog, but don't drive like a girl, in my opinion those resonators just make the car sound like you're running it through a tin can. All positive, except for whatever I'm putting out the tailpipe.