Kentucky attempting to entice Canadians!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
In my recent issue of CAA (similar to the American AAA), I was surprised to find a few advertisements for Kentucky…thought it was ironic as TDIFest is being held here this year and I am contemplating on going…

Enjoy!

Cover

Small Ad

2 Page Spread!

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
kentucky ad without bourbon mentioned? i'm not going south - forget it, the lust is gone

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
kentucky ad without bourbon mentioned? i'm not going south - forget it, the lust is gone
Wait.... Aren't the two old people in the bottom ad drinking something? Bourbon maybe?

And aren't those kegs of Bourbon in the top picture of the two page spread? Hmmmmmm

MrVermin

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Wait.... Aren't the two old people in the bottom ad drinking something? Bourbon maybe?

And aren't those kegs of Bourbon in the top picture of the two page spread? Hmmmmmm

MrVermin

a good ad would have a list of distilleries and those weird new bar codes to get gps directions. :)

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
a good ad would have a list of distilleries and those weird new bar codes to get gps directions. :)
Since when has the CAA had a "Good Ad" in their publications? LOL

Anywho, with the Canadian $$ where it is and expected to be in this area for a while to come, I can't wait :)

MrVermin

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Then this is extra good!

"Experience our unbridled spirit"
"Find the spirit online"

Just which 'spirits' do you think they mean?
They can't come right out and say "Leave the missus at home, come here and get drunk!" so they have to carefully choose euphemisms that say just that without actually saying just that.

Even the promotional listing is: History, history, bourbon, bourbon, bourbon, bourbon, and only then baseball, golf, horse racing, basketball, football.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hmmmm...

Spam, spam, bourbon, spam, bourbon, bourbon, spam.....

:cool::D

MrVermin

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Research has revealed that the other 49 states paid for the "Kentucky" ads in an attempt to lure the Canadians OUT of their own states and confine them to Kentucky.

Just Kidding, OK? LOL

Bill