Just wanted to say thanks to Ben (vwjettadsl) for some great service

bigsexyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB, '04 Jetta
If anybody in the Midwest needs repair done, and you can't find time to get the thing to a Guru's shop, give Ben a call and see if he can make a trip to come see you.

He came to my place of work, and did my Timing Belt while I was on the job! You want to talk about convenience... man it doesn't get any better than that. Piece of mind about not having to take off a day of work or shuffle schedules around, and then EXTRA piece of mind knowing that the job was done right... ;)

Oh and he has a knack at finding good clean used TDIs as well.

Thanks Ben!

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Sonata Plug in Hybrid
I'll agree. Ben is a great guy and an even better mechanic! HA! Just in case you want to contact him, Ben's screen name is VWJettaDSL

nutdriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 (Previously NB 2000)
Another good experience with Ben aka VWJettaDSL. I had him come by and he did a timing belt for me on my 2006.5 Jetta. He was obviously comfortable with a wrench and the job went very smoothly and ahead of schedule. The timing was moved from -2.5 to -1 which has given noticeable boost to the engine punch and early indications are that I am probably picking up a couple mpg. Now I am feeling the itch for a tune.

While he was doing the timing belt he also inspected my cam which we looked at together and I was happy to see that it looked good at 90,000 miles. I am a Mobil 1 TDT user with an add of 1 oz zinc additive and about 3 ml of moly. My UOAs have confirmed that this is a good formula for me.

Ben has my recommendation!

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Thanks nutdriver for the recommendation!

I've had several people ask where I travel too, how far do I go. So I thought I would post a map with some of the locations I have done mobile service work. All of these locations are from the last year.

Cheers,
Ben

jtelford

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI, black, 6MT
Good to know. I'm thinking about getting a TDI and I'll be back in St. Louis by year's end.
Pardon my ignorance, but how does a mobile service work? There has to be a per distance cost and then a per hour cost?
Cheers,
Jason

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Good to know. I'm thinking about getting a TDI and I'll be back in St. Louis by year's end.
Pardon my ignorance, but how does a mobile service work? There has to be a per distance cost and then a per hour cost?
Cheers,
Jason
Mobile trip charge depends on job being performed and distance. I'm very reasonable on my trip charges. Most people have me travel to them 1. because its convenient 2. I'm usually cheaper than the local shops, even after my trip charge.

Cheers,
Ben