Just out of curiosity....

tdi_guy

TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta TDI Sport Edition
How many people have registered to date? I am new to the forum and interested in coming but for such a long trip i would like some reassurance that it will be worth the 10 hour drive. What was turnout like at the last several fests? The "Past TDIfests" forum does not have any info.

Dave.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
the number of people who have registered to date is not a clear indicator of what the number attending will be. everything i've learned from past fests indicates that the members of fred's like to stress out the fest organizers by waiting until the last minute to register.

i believe last year there were 100 members in attendance. this year we expect and hope to nearly double that figure.

last year i made the trip up to toronto with another one of this year's organizers - we found it to be well worth the trip! if you've never been to a fest i highly recommend it - it's a great time.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
the number of people who have registered to date is not a clear indicator of what the number attending will be. everything i've learned from past fests indicates that the members of fred's like to stress out the fest organizers by waiting until the last minute to register.

i believe last year there were 100 members in attendance. this year we expect and hope to nearly double that figure.

last year i made the trip up to toronto with another one of this year's organizers - we found it to be well worth the trip! if you've never been to a fest i highly recommend it - it's a great time.
This is true! last year I had most of the registrations in the last couple of months with a lot in the weeks before the Fest. You need nerves of steel as an organizer when puttin' down deposits for venues etc. You won't regret makin' the trip. I may not be able to juggle family obligations to attend but if I could I would make the trip down in a heartbeat. Register today and book your room (or hook up with another club member to share a room).