Just got my new Bora TDI 115hp

Stefan

<text=black>Hi all!

I just took delivery of my new VW Bora T<font color="#FF0000">DI</font>. I'm telling you this to make all of you there in the States jealous of course! The details are as follows:
Trendline (alloy wheels, sports seats, alloy interior trim), Black, Jazz-Blue interior, 6-speed stick-shift, on-board computer, cruise control, ASR (traction control), Climatronic, front fog-lights, remote, alarm, CD-player, GSM car-kit. I've already taken some pictures and I'll post them when they are developed. I just wanted to let you know that this thing seems to have a warp-core installed..... I've done 130 mph (on the indicator) and it's still smooth as silk! And it isn't even chipped yet!!!

L8er!

Stefan

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited May 08, 2000).]

TDI-Addict

TDI
Skoda Octavia II 2.0 TDI
Hi Stefan,

Sounds like a fantastic car. How long did you have to wait for this baby?

Any idea on the fuel economy yet en what about the six-speed? I found out that the MFA is very accurate.

Is the car quiet and how many RPM are you doing at 120 km/h?

Lot's of fun en veilige kilometers (translation: drive safely)!

Maarten

------------------
2000 Passat TDI 110 hp

Stefan

Maarten!

It sure is fantastic. I ordered the car in december and got it on the 3rd of may. It got delivered earlier to make sure I wasn't confronted with the trick the belastingdienst (=Dutch IRS) pulled on diesel-drivers here in the Netherlands.

On the way to work this morning I did some tests for you. At 120 KM/H (60 MPH) it does 2600 rpm in 5th and 2100 rpm in 6th. The car is very quiet at those speeds. I've traveled a little under 700 km with it now and haven't been treating it gingerly. The MFA now shows 7.5l/100km (31.4 miles/gallon). I bet this thing could return some sweet economy figures, but hey .... that's not why I bought it!!!

L8er!

Stefan

valois

Banned
Stefan, we are of course envious, hey want to be original in Europe? Drive a pick-em-up-truck. You would be the king of the road over there with a Dodge Diesel.
We would be happy to trade a few for some new TDI technology. I know in France the tax is governed by the motor displacement or weight of the vehicle, you would probably have to be a millionaire to own one.

Stefan

Valois,

Some nut-cases here drive US cars with big displacement engines but it not so much the road-tax as the gas-prices that are the killers. For normal gasoline we're looking at some $1.25 a litre here!!!!

Stefan

Stefan

Maarten,

I just made a round trip Den Bosch - Waalre - Den Bosch and kept the statistics for you.
Distance: 80 km
Avg. speed: 68 km/h
Fuel cons.: 5.4l/100km

This includes some local traffic and a minor trafficjam.

Just thought you wanted to know.

Stefan

TDI-Addict

TDI
Skoda Octavia II 2.0 TDI
Stefan,

Thanks for the info. I bought this car to have a comfy ride combined with good economy (en ik was de Belastingdienst net als jij net voor!).

At the moment I have to say I'am a bit obsessed with economy. I never thought this Passat would turn out to have better MPG (verbruik) compared to my (former) Golf IV TDI 110.

Great numbers on your trip 'due South'. The RPM at 120 of your Bora is fantastic. When you (ever) get used to the torque and the power, you may try an economy tour. I averaged 3,9 liter according to the MFA on a 200 km trip. Commuting, 2 x 60 km, niet boven de 110 shows 4.6.

Veel plezier ermee!

Maarten

------------------
2000 Passat TDI 110 hp

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
I am definitely jealous of the six-speed gearbox and the other arrangement of option packages we don't get here in the states, but I actually got 126 mph out of my 90-horse wheezer. So I'm pretty psyched about that. Have fun with it!

Stefan

Yes!

Some ignorant guy wanted to race me on the way to work this morning. He was driving a Passat V5 and I was, of course, in my T<font color="#FF0000">DI</font>. Dude thought he could out-accellerate me...
... No way Jose! Only when speed went past 118 mph he started leaving me behind a bit
. I was able to catch up with him every time though. Ah, hell, wait until the Tuningbox arrives.

L8er!

Stefan

Stefan

Moose!

I don't know whether I have the 285Nm or the 310Nm version. Is there any way I can check? (VIN or engine-ID#) The car is a dream to drive. A very smooth and quiet ride, yet it roars like a beast when I ask it to. Do you have a cruise-control installed? If so, check this post of mine and tell me whether you have the same problem: http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/002148.html
Pictures will follow soon!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited May 15, 2000).]

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
If you dont' mind, Stefan--May I ask how much you paid in fl for your Bora?

Also, How much does the T<red>DI</red> option cost?
and..
How much do you pay per liter for diesel fuel?

Stefan

ThinkDiesel!

Here are the figures:

Bora 1.9l T<font color="#FF0000">DI</font> Trendline fl.54,385
Climatronic Airconditioning fl.1,795
Deep Black paint fl.495
Foglights fl.240
"Plus"-package fl.1050
Radio Preparation + 4 speakers fl.365
GSM telephone preparation fl.625
Cruise-control fl.390
GSM car-kit fl.900
Removeable trailer-hitch fl.900

TOTAL PRICE fl.61,145

You can convert to US-dollars using this currency converter site: http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic

I'll check on the current diesel-price for you. My boss pays for it
, so I have no idea!

L8er!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

jr

stefan you have a 285 Nm version
its the only version with 115 pk in the Netherlands.
what tuningbox you will have.
Pon (dutch inporter) has a 140 pk 340 Nm chip
the warranty is one year or 100 k km.
price f.2000,00.

jr
oisterwijk netherlands
110 pk golf variant
yello koni shockers