June 4th & 5th AVL GTG

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Just sent out a couple packages, I've been on the road for the last week. Thought I'd mention that tomorrow is the cutoff for regular shipping (on most items).
Wish I could make this one!
-BB

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
What time does the party start on Saturday?

Also...are there any tools that we're lacking? Can bring my VCDS-

spdracr0

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Silver Jetta
No Dan I am gonna be there, just had high hopes of actually getting some work done to the car so I could get a new tune but just do not have the time to get it done..but only 2 8am to 10pm shifts to go this week and I am off for Asheville mid-day Friday...Wife is having a yard sale Saturday so I am making tracks out of town while I can

beetle98

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle TDi
jcilforever, On that thermostat change you said you had a gallon of 50/50. Is that G12 coolant or something else? I think you need the G12 to top off with. Might double check with Landon.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Jcilforever, I won't be making it to the GTG. Uncle Sam has other plans for me this weekend. I've been trying to make it to this GTG for a few years now...

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Bob_Fout said:
Jcilforever, I won't be making it to the GTG. Uncle Sam has other plans for me this weekend. I've been trying to make it to this GTG for a few years now...
what?! You won't be making it?! Dang! you'll miss the swap! (and the entrance/exit with the theme song!)

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just to confirm earlier conversation with Landon. Eric and I will be arriving Friday afternoon. I get off work 0700 Friday, and have to go home to pack and load the car. Gonna bring the new Jetta for a possible tweak to the tune.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
All right, I'm out the door! Headed up to Cumberland, MD to get some missing transmission parts that I still need, then it's back to Asheville, probably late Friday night when we get in. :) It'll be worth it! That I know for sure.

If anyone wants to join me in taking the transmission parts off the beetle in MD, let me know. Text or call six seven eight, five nine one, three nine one three. :) I'll be away from the computer for awhile so I can wrench on the car. Thank goodness I just got a Bentley! :cool:

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
Looks like a high of 85 and a low of 65 saturday, and dry.

I'll try to bring a cooler with refreshments to share. - I hope to get there good and early saturday.

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
If anyone is going through I40, Hickory, area in a caravan...
Saturday morning
I'd like to join in....send me a PM on when you are going through...when to meet you...
I can be exit 123-119 for a meetup...

Does anyone know where my low pressure switch is for the AC, on my '92 Jetta?

I have a broken line, but i'm trying to 'AC repair' as a job order....

so far, i know the actual AC l/p line is broken/leaking badly,:mad:
but the compressor will run if jumped....

I couldn't find the low pressure switch though, only two h/p ones up near the radiator..
:confused:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I will be leaving from the Knoxville, TN area early on Saturday morning. Let me know if anyone is coming from this way to caravan, or meet up for some breakfast if you want.

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
airwolf said:
I will be leaving from the Knoxville, TN area early on Saturday morning. Let me know if anyone is coming from this way to caravan, or meet up for some breakfast if you want.
Count me in.

sesalz

TDI
2004 Jetta, 2005 Passat Wagon
Looking Forward!

Mel and I will be there on Friday. I've been spending a lot of time on the road between Aiken and Mooresville. My car is dirty, dingy and has this strange black deposit on the rear panel! Maybe a wash & wax at my first GTG would be good start!!

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
sesalz said:
Mel and I will be there on Friday. I've been spending a lot of time on the road between Aiken and Mooresville. My car is dirty, dingy and has this strange black deposit on the rear panel! Maybe a wash & wax at my first GTG would be good start!!
Should I bring my rotary buffer and some detailing supplies? I'm planning on being there tomorrow.

campingalan

TDI
05 Passat Wagon TDI
New to me "rebuilt" alternator came in and is in the car. After driving around town, it seems to be working fine. So...I have to work all day. I'll head towards AVL after work tonight. Looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday morning.

Any leads on campsites that are not $35 for a tent spot?

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
on my way with my daughters 99 black bug have a charge leak maybe someone can help find it. Silver demon and I are charging that way now.

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
Airwolf and I are meeting at McD's off I-40 Exit 398 tomorrow morning at 6:30. Anyone else rolling from this direction is welcome to join.

eoszlak

TDI
2002 jetta
looking forward to seeing everyone there, what time will we be getting started tomorrow morning and meeting up at the shop?

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
How late do you think you'll play tonight? I'm going to try not to be too late. I would like to put in my lift pump. I'll have some Sprint 520s for sale too. I believe around 15,000 miles on them. PM me if you're interested.

03PlatinumTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Free after 14 years
laundryeater said:
How late do you think you'll play tonight? I'm going to try not to be too late. I would like to put in my lift pump. I'll have some Sprint 520s for sale too. I believe around 15,000 miles on them. PM me if you're interested.

I'm curious about how late the Friday night folks will be there. I get off work today in Asheville at 5pm and plan to get dinner but have nothing to do after that.

Pete

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
I have a bit of a drive tonight so we'll see. Friday night was pretty laid back the last time I made it to an AVL GTG. I'm planning on crashing at my parent's house just about 45 minutes down I-26.