June 4th & 5th AVL GTG

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
jimbote said:
I'll try and make this one...depends on how shot I am from a week in the yucatan (getting back on the 2nd) ....maybe we can do your trans swap MichellRoze? have you located any parts yet?
I do have parts (all except clutch, flywheel, and a few other small things I think), but they are still on the donor car in PA. Don't know how I'm going to get them yet. :( I really need someone to go there and get them for me. It's next to impossible for me to get that kinda time off at this point. Any volunteers?! :D

You could do a trans swap in a day?! That's bada$$!

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
i'll see what I can do. I'll try to find me a crew or get some time off and go pick the parts out myself....i'll try to find a crew first lol

They only parts I would need is clutch/flywheel/axles I think. Otherwise I think I'm good.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
MichelleRoze said:
i'll see what I can do. I'll try to find me a crew or get some time off and go pick the parts out myself....i'll try to find a crew first lol

They only parts I would need is clutch/flywheel/axles I think. Otherwise I think I'm good.
you don't need axles....you get to keep yours with the "jimbote" install:D

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
jimbote said:
you don't need axles....you get to keep yours with the "jimbote" install:D
That's awesome! Had issues manually shifting my car into 3rd this morning. Took about 3 tries to finally get it to engage into 3rd. I'm trying to recruit some folks to help. Looks like I might have to go up there Memorial Day weekend myself and do it. Which I'm not opposed to, just don't know how well the Tranny will do....

hazetguy

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 5 speed
well, we ran into Chad at a different VW event, and he told me about the GTG. i think we will be able to attend with our tdi and we should be able to stay longer than 10 minutes this time.

we're a little late to the thread, so is there any type of food and/or beverage we can bring? last time we brought donuts and Cheerwine, but there were way too many donuts already. maybe i can try to rustle up some Dr. Enuf.
ugh, just found out that Lindsay has to teach school on saturday. we'll make an appearance at some point.

looking forward to it, see y'all there.

Last edited:

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
hazetguy said:
well, we ran into Chad at a different VW event, and he told me about the GTG. i think we will be able to attend with our tdi and we should be able to stay longer than 10 minutes this time.

we're a little late to the thread, so is there any type of food and/or beverage we can bring? last time we brought donuts and Cheerwine, but there were way too many donuts already. maybe i can try to rustle up some Dr. Enuf.
ugh, just found out that Lindsay has to teach school on saturday. we'll make an appearance at some point.

looking forward to it, see y'all there.
Enjoyed this GTG last year, but sad to say I can't make it this year. I have a family reunion on the other side of the state that I can't miss. Actually, I guess I only made it there for the Friday GTG last year because I had the same reunion to attend. Sigh...I bet this is going to be a conflict for me every year. :(

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
I'm still shooting for Friday evening. I hope I can get the new nozzles in and get chipped. I'll see if I can't get the lift pump in before heading over there. Let me know if I can bring anything!

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
YaY!!! I'm going!!! My co-worker has agreed to work that Saturday for me!!!! I'm so thrilled. I'll try to come up Friday night as well...I have a laundry list of things to do now. Working on getting the swap parts....here's hopin'!

parkair

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001 silver
Hey Landon,

Is Jeff still planning on making the GTG? I am having lag issues since putting a PD150 tip and R32 airbox lid in my car. Even with the stage 4 chip. I'm trying to get the 4th and 5th off and am not having any luck right now. Hope to see you guys again, but want to make sure Jeff will be there too.

Thanks Mike

beetle98

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle TDi
Hey Landon,

Is Jeff still planning on making the GTG? I am having lag issues since putting a PD150 tip and R32 airbox lid in my car. Even with the stage 4 chip. I'm trying to get the 4th and 5th off and am not having any luck right now. Hope to see you guys again, but want to make sure Jeff will be there too.

Thanks Mike

Mike, Are you using your tdi maf sensor in the r32 maf housing? You def. need the correct air tables for that maf housing. Until you get it retuned just unplug the maf sensor completely that should help. Hope this helps. Chad

parkair

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001 silver
Chad,

Thanks for info. I do have the TDI MAF sensor in. I will unplug the sensor. I should have thought about that. I did it enough when trouble shooting a vacuum leak. Car runs awesome with the smaller OMI and OEM airbox lid. If all works out i will be up for the GTG, otherwise I will have to talk Jeff into another tune.

Mike

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hi Landon, Mike, Chad! Dean & I will celebrating again my birthday that week, as well as still house-hunting in NC. Wonderful that we can also go to your TDI GTG whilst we're there. Cool!
Kristina

03PlatinumTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Free after 14 years
parkair said:
Chad,

Thanks for info. I do have the TDI MAF sensor in. I will unplug the sensor. I should have thought about that. I did it enough when trouble shooting a vacuum leak. Car runs awesome with the smaller OMI and OEM airbox lid. If all works out i will be up for the GTG, otherwise I will have to talk Jeff into another tune.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Hope you can make it. I plan to be there and would love to see your car in person.

Pete

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Will certainly try and make this GTG as we'll be on our way down from MI to FL! Anxious to meet Jim Bote (Sp?) as I'm sure I'll need a manual swap down the road. We'll be bringing the Beetle....Sportwagen is already in Cocoa.

Lew & Renae

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
lrpavlo said:
Will certainly try and make this GTG as we'll be on our way down from MI to FL! Anxious to meet Jim Bote (Sp?) as I'm sure I'll need a manual swap down the road. We'll be bringing the Beetle....Sportwagen is already in Cocoa.

Lew & Renae
Well you're in luck. I'm gonna be the test dummy this time round. So hang out and watch and see how it's done! :)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
MichelleRoze said:
Well you're in luck. I'm gonna be the test dummy this time round. So hang out and watch and see how it's done! :)
Your NB is not a dummy! Call it a "test Probie" :D

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Bob_Fout said:
Your NB is not a dummy! Call it a "test Probie" :D
LOL Test Probie. I like it! Well operation 5 speed swap on Test Probie will commence at this GtG. Still waiting for my parts though...here's hopin' I have them all lol

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
MichelleRoze said:
LOL Test Probie. I like it! Well operation 5 speed swap on Test Probie will commence at this GtG. Still waiting for my parts though...here's hopin' I have them all lol
:D Always good learning to be had at these fine events!! Now if my Lyme Brain could only rememberize some of them!!:eek:

No I did not teach english!:eek:

TDIGirl

Veteran Member
TDI
--
lrpavlo said:

Lew & Renae
OK, if you guys are going to be there, I am definitely going to make it. Gotta see my fellow ex-Michiganders :D

--betsy

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
Does anyone have a spare set of LCA's..
.maybe left over from a swapout....I need a donor set to freshen up with new bushings etc ahead of time so that when I do my front struts I can swap out the LCA's and return my old ones to you...

I am NOT trying to do the swap out at the GTG , just lining things up for for future work...

tks bill

Last edited:

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
TDIGirl said:
OK, if you guys are going to be there, I am definitely going to make it. Gotta see my fellow ex-Michiganders :D

--betsy
hahaha Michiganders....oh my. I love that word. I haven't been called a Michigander in 3 years now. :( Now I"m a Georgian! uck. OH well. Glad to know there are some former Michiganders around here! Sweet. So who's bringing the POP!

TDIGirl

Veteran Member
TDI
--
MichelleRoze said:
hahaha Michiganders....oh my. I love that word. I haven't been called a Michigander in 3 years now. :( Now I"m a Georgian! uck. OH well. Glad to know there are some former Michiganders around here! Sweet. So who's bringing the POP!
My sister makes fun of me for saying pop, have to go back to saying coke! (I was a Georgian before I was a Michigander ;) )

Hope to see you there!

--betsy

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
willing to help you with your shocks/stsruts

I am not planning on doing anything to my wagon at the GTG...

my 04 wagon is on the short list for front struts and suspension upgrades but not at this GTG...
bill

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
jcilforever said:
Today I found out I only have 7 weeks left of income and had purchased an EGR delete and shocks and struts a month ago without knowing this. Would anyone be willing to help at the GTG. I only have basic tools, but do have the Repair Manual. Do not have experience doing either.

Would someone be willing to help me????????:(
Eric says sure.......

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
I might be able to help with the struts/shocks too. :) Just did that about a month ago on mine! ;) Sorry to hear about the job though!

melsalz

TDI
2005 Passat GL Wagon - retired, 2015 SE Jetta, 2013 Jetta sportwagon, 2004 Jetta
I have a question, since I'm new to this GTG thing, Is it possible for me to do my own Transmission flush? and if so what kind of supplies/parts would I need? I'm hoping to be there but can't commit just yet.

Stevestyle67

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI; 1972 Chevelle (Malibu) Convertible
melsalz said:
I have a question, since I'm new to this GTG thing, Is it possible for me to do my own Transmission flush? and if so what kind of supplies/parts would I need? I'm hoping to be there but can't commit just yet.
Auto or manual? I did a manual trans flush at the last gtg and it was a breeze.

Also, I recently installed Koni Reds on my Jetta and have done a DG EGR delete so I can help out with that stuff too.

-Steve