June 4th & 5th AVL GTG

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Hello All,

We will be doing our standard first weekend in June GTG again this year. We are very fortunate because the Griffin's (Chad & Mike) have agreed to let us have the GTG at their shop again. As most of you know who have been there, this is an awesome facility, especially if its raining. You can put 8 cars easy into the shop in the dry. We will be doing a big Saturday lunch thing and dinner for those who stay too late:D . Typical GTG stuff as in the past will be going on. Looking to have DanG144, DidJettaRun, Dieselfueler, Paramedick and his Son Eric, JimBote, EuroJulien, myself and others as TDI Guru's at the GTG. Jeff of Rocketchip has committed and I have heard that Peter of IDParts.com is thinking about making the trip down. Should be a good event with good turnout as always.

If you want a tune from Jeff, send me a PM with your cars particulars and what you are looking for tune level. Then I will get a list going, so Jeff knows what he is up against for the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again and meeting some new people as well.

402 Old Leicester Hyw
Asheville, NC 28806

Thanks,
Landon

Last edited:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I was afraid this was going to happen, weekends in June are already filled up for me. :-(

The weekend of this event is the company picnic and have a wedding two weeks later......

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
jcilforever said:
I will be the new guy, go easy on me. Look forward to meeting all of you as I am new to TDI's just got two this year and Landon has been helping me get them straight.
Welcome. Go ahead and wring that sponge out because there will be alot to absorb.;) Many great people in this region ,guarantee you'll have a great time.

Last edited:

MKIInut

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Spice Red
Planning on making the trip up this year.
Put me down for a RC+1 tune. (See Doin' at Dan's post and why he suggested a tune).

For us newbies can we get an address for the event so we can plan accordingly. TIA

Last edited:
D

dlm308rem

I, like mopower, will probably stay late.;). I will be happy to cook, just let me know. ALL IN.

beetle98

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle TDi
GTG Address is:Griffin Waste Services 402 Old Leicester Hwy. Asheville NC 28806 .

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Chad

eurojulien

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
02 Golf
We should organize some friday night lols for the people staying for both days.

I'll be there with my hoopty

k45

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
Should be up there Saturday and this time not much of anything to do to the jetta :D i will be able to lend a hand for others. I think the only thing I need to do is replace the tiny light bulb in the heating/ac controls and swap those rear springs still. :p

kafer65

Veteran Member
TDI
Early '06 Jetta 5M
Directions, please, for those of us who haven't attended before.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
kafer65 said:
Directions, please, for those of us who haven't attended before.
Griffin Waste Services 402 Old Leicester Hwy. Asheville NC 28806

Mapquest gives great directions. Most GPS units will bring you to the door.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I'll try and finally make it to an Asheville GTG.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
I'll see what I can do. Hard now since I work on Saturdays until 3pm. But I might have a different job by then...who knows. Not sure all what work I'm going to need(want) but we'll see. No tune for me though. Would love one, but don't want to kill the tranny just yet....lol

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I might skip the company picnic.

Not sure if Landon (06 Jetta) will allow this I have a pesky CEL for low egr flow that I need taken care of.

michigandon

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 A3
I am moving to the Raleigh area and am hoping to make it to this (Could use some help on my brakes). Not quite sure yet whether or not my work schedule will allow it though.

TDIGirl

Veteran Member
TDI
--
I would love to come to this since I missed the get together at Dan's due to icy roads this past winter. I'll put it on the calendar and keep my fingers crossed it works out this time :)

--betsy

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Will Aaron be at this one again? Will we be doing a group order or anything? Just curious....I could us a few things...and could save a few bucks on shipping ;)

Matt might also bring his 1.8T 5spd passat wagon. He needs an axle replaced (may or may not be a GtG kinda repair....) and even though he's not TDI, he's still a 5spd wagon which is pretty sweet. lol Plus his car hasn't gotten out much...I feel bad for it. HAHa