June 12th ny/nj/pa... Did you say PIGFEST? With ROCKETCHIP! and A BAND!! WooT!!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Ahh... when we took that ride up that hilly road, I had RC5, PP502's, and stock internals....not to mention stock 15" wheels

Now I have a fully built motor (rods, lower compression ceramic coated pistons, custom ported head, race bearings, etc) RACE520's, and RC6.... along with my new 18X8 rims/low profile tires

If I get a minute between cooking and playing with my band, I'll give some hayrides... if you thought the torque sucked you back into the seat before... *grins*

As for this tuning competition, I think it is a bad idea.... I'd forget all about it.... Besides, there are gonna be hayrides in fast TDI's, tons of food, a huge bonfire, great people, and a band playing progressive rock.... I don't think we have time for a tuning war....

Let Jeff do what he was booked to do... tune cars at PIGFEST 2010....

Tonino is welcome to come chill, mingle, eat, drink, burn stuff in the fire, listen to some live tunes and have fun..... I think he should leave a tuning competition out of it completely since we've already booked a tuner. Please come party down with us...bring a tent and camp out.... but no competition.

Craig is right... something like that needs to be done at a huge event with a dyno... NOT our pig roast.

It's all about the pig, the diesel VW's we all love, and the live music. The only competition I see really happening is some horseshoes!!

Last edited:

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
There will be fun for all and much diesel burned to nothing!!I suspect all are welcome who are there for a good time and comraderie!! After all...how many of us do repairs and mods for clients and we will all be there having fun and not at odds with each other....so tuners can too. Come play drink eat drive ogle and generally chill out! Its a drive(for me anyway...my commute is 3 miles) but its worth it EVERY time I go
!:D :D

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have a factory steel Skidplate and a Diesel Geek short shifter that needs installing.........I don't have the time or the ambition to do it.........:(
I do however need a road trip!!

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
Joe TDI said:
Ahh... when we took that ride up that hilly road, I had RC5, PP502's, and stock internals....not to mention stock 15" wheels

Now I have a fully built motor (rods, lower compression ceramic coated pistons, custom ported head, race bearings, etc) RACE520's, and RC6.... along with my new 18X8 rims/low profile tires

If I get a minute between cooking and playing with my band, I'll give some hayrides... if you thought the torque sucked you back into the seat before... *grins*

As for this tuning competition, I think it is a bad idea.... I'd forget all about it.... Besides, there are gonna be hayrides in fast TDI's, tons of food, a huge bonfire, great people, and a band playing progressive rock.... I don't think we have time for a tuning war....

Let Jeff do what he was booked to do... tune cars at PIGFEST 2010....

Tonino is welcome to come chill, mingle, eat, drink, burn stuff in the fire, listen to some live tunes and have fun..... I think he should leave a tuning competition out of it completely since we've already booked a tuner. Please come party down with us...bring a tent and camp out.... but no competition.

Craig is right... something like that needs to be done at a huge event with a dyno... NOT our pig roast.

It's all about the pig, the diesel VW's we all love, and the live music. The only competition I see really happening is some horseshoes!!
]

I 'l come over and chill....it could be fun....

TopherDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
mrchill said:
Its a drive(for me anyway...my commute is 3 miles)
Only made a little longer by the occassional Mass Pike roadside half-shaft replacement that you had to do the last time that I saw you there.

Looking forward to it - two weeks from today I'll be making excuses to jump into the car and run errands with the new tune - to wife: are you sure we dont need any milk, well just in case I should go get a quart :D .

Chill - I was remiss to look under the bonnet of your scoot last time, hopefully you will make it there significantly before dark and I will get a chance this time.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
two axles are for loosers

and we were on 95 in CT

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
mrchill said:
There will be fun for all and much diesel burned to nothing!!I suspect all are welcome who are there for a good time and comraderie!! After all...how many of us do repairs and mods for clients and we will all be there having fun and not at odds with each other....so tuners can too. Come play drink eat drive ogle and generally chill out! Its a drive(for me anyway...my commute is 3 miles) but its worth it EVERY time I go
!:D :D
CHRIS!!! Bring my PP502's!! :D

dadsdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 NB TDI
ofhs93 said:
HAHAHA...now your talking....I can just picture the convoy of TDIs all lined up behind the truck trying to get in the slip stream hehehe.
I don't think you all will last long behind me as I am set at 68mph......

I'll be looking for you all passing me - instead of "show me your t***s", I'll say "show me your smoke!"

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
ditto...

Went to the Pig roast last year. Loads of fun, great people, worth the trip no matter the distance.

ofhs93 said:
Can't wait for the *PARTY* and lots of TDI comraderie.

I respect both guys....but Jeff was specifically scheduled for this get together. Calling him out and trying to create this into a competition is not the way to go. If you want a competition then you both need to agree to setup a dyno day at a garage with a big parking lot and then you can go head to head. I don't think it is a positive move to have 2 tuners at the same GTG working, unless it is something like the size of TDIfest.

Would *I* be interested in getting a tune for my stock 2003 for $150???? Absolutely....but at the same time I don't know if a tune for a highly modded car with very specific hardware upgrades could be properly done for $150....there are a lot of variables that will need to be tweaked and tested...and quite possibly retuned after test driving and data logging. I don't think that is the kind of time and patience that your going to want to provide (for $150) if your not willing to touch a solder joint....maybe I'm wrong? I would say that there are probably 3 or 4 "stock" tunes that could be sold rather cheaply for stock cars and mildly upgraded cars, that would probably perform fine...for anyone beyond that I think you really need to be paying for the time and expertise. Thats where the tuner is separated from the reseller. Both guys may very well have that ability...but they need to charge for that time.

Now then....on with the party planning...can't wait for some of Joes cook'n...I think I need to start deciding how much State Fair marinated chicken to bring.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
dadsdiesel said:
I don't think you all will last long behind me as I am set at 68mph......
I think I can still get up to that speed....if I have to.;)

bubbastdi2003

TDIClub Contributor
BUBBA will be there with a big ass pot of "kitchen sink beans"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i hope to get jeff to gimmie back my bullets lol

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
dieseljunkie said:
This sounds like a great event. Can I come? I'd love to see some nice TDI's and get hay rides on fast ones (especially B4's). :D
Please make the trip down.... I'll give you a ride in my car.... Pigfest is always a blast.... bring a tent and camp out so you can have a few brews with us and not have to worry about the long ride home.

dieseljunkie

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon
Joe TDI said:
Please make the trip down.... I'll give you a ride in my car.... Pigfest is always a blast.... bring a tent and camp out so you can have a few brews with us and not have to worry about the long ride home.
Thanks Joe! I'll bring a tent just in case I can stay late.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Joe TDI said:
The only competition I see really happening is some horseshoes!!
Did someone say horseshoes? Will digging up of the yard be permitted for such a thing? Joe...are you bringing the shoes and pegs? I'll dig and sledgehammer if needed :)

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
TDIJetta99 said:
We already have a pit and shoes still set up from last time.. I just need to make sure we have all the shoes..
Excellent.....let me know if I need to pickup a set of shoes. BTW...I'm by no means a good player...it's just a nice relaxing way to pass the time and shoot Jason's avatar ;)

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Jarts as in Lawn darts? I don't have any.. I remember those big metal ones from when I was a kid, they were a little dangerous... Just the thing for the pig roast

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Let's see-I bought 3 sets of Jarts last year off Craigslist;) ....however,I don't think pointed metal items flying through the air w/ alcohol flowing freely would be a good idea:eek: ......I think I better get the coolant flange changed before making another road trip,though.......

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
TDIJetta99 said:
Jarts as in Lawn darts? I don't have any.. I remember those big metal ones from when I was a kid, they were a little dangerous... Just the thing for the pig roast

tdidieselbobny said:
Let's see-I bought 3 sets of Jarts last year off Craigslist;) ....however,I don't think pointed metal items flying through the air w/ alcohol flowing freely would be a good idea:eek: ......I think I better get the coolant flange changed before making another road trip,though.......
Is a flying 2.5lb horseshoe that much safer?

Or a 45ft fire? :)