2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
Why would you do something like that :confused:

I just could not say bye to my car. Not till she says bye to me LOL

Last edited:

silverbeast

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 2 Dr GTI - Candy White
vik, you should transplant a TDI engine in that thing....would be the only one around....

is it stock, or it's got some tricks up its sleeve???

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
PO - custom exhaust work, GIAC chip..

i'm just trying to get it back to stock, a few missing parts...slowly surely...
but my mods list will be growing on it.

TDI engine is a possibility, a few swaps in the states, many in europe...plenty of reading to do b4 that starts...

silverbeast

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 2 Dr GTI - Candy White
you're trying to get it back to stock, but your mods will grow on it....doesn't make sense to me...

or u're trying to get it back to stock cosmetic wise, but powerwise u'll do more mods....is this the case????

it LOOKS sharp though....i've always liked the Corrados....especially the VR6....

now if you were to drop a 1.8t 20V and a BIG turbo, you can easily push over 340-350 HP....just a thought....LOL

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Diesel or not, it's better to drive a car you enjoy being in. If I had the time, and the money burning in my pocket, I probably wouldn't be driving my current TDI either. As strange as it sounds, I'd love to be driving a boosted IS300. But, as that is not in the cards any time soon, it's a dream, and that's all.

Congrats on the 20thAE!

01tdiJEtt

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Yeah I thought the same way, i had so maybe things i wanted done to my tdi that it wasnt cost effective for me. Plus the 20thAE is everything i wanted to do and then some, minus the fuel economy!

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
silverbeast said:
...u're trying to get it back to stock cosmetic wise, but powerwise u'll do more mods....is this the case????
yes yes...

interior wise - PO did a few things i would like to change. get everything somewhat back to normal, little things..i am picky yes. maybe add a few bits i have left over from the Mk4

front end is an E36 grill and lighting, E36 hood have been grafted on to the OEM aswell...but eventually, i'd like to revert to the OEM VW look, who knows when though

as for dropping a 1.8T into it ..$$ would be better spent on building this VR up to a 3L or maybe dropping a vr3.6 into it like a local shop is presently doing...then turbo-ing it...the VR sound is one sweet sound

this is the mod car...my daily is a 91 TD jetta, i'll spend more on fuel/year than i did to buy it :D

Last edited: