JSW to GTD Wagon - couple ?

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
So I have this sudden urge to turn my JSW into a GTD Wagon (yes VW did this for the Sportwagen as of MKVII) so I am looking to OEM+ my car.

So it appears to go true GTD it would require suspension, steering wheel, seats, front bumper and headlights. Should I go through this OEM+ upgrade I would skip engine upgrades so it would be in appearance and handling only. I would be skipping the seats, engine upgrades and black headliner.

So for anyone who had done this or knowledgable on the area need some insight.

1) On ECS Tuning the front suspension refresh kit shows as compatible when I use a 2009 GTI as the fitment car. Rear suspension and OEM sway bar kit does not show as compatible, does the JSW have a different rear setup?

2) Stock GTI wheels have an offset ~6 MM off (48 vs 54) of the Porto alloys that are on my car, does this matter much?

3) What goes into swapping a different steering wheel? Looking at pics they are entirely different airbag assemblies.

Thanks in advance! I am so much looking forward to this project, mainly for the handling aspects with appearance being a secondary benefit.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I semi-converted my '11 Golf to a GTD. I used a GTD turbo, H&R sport springs, GTI dual exit exhaust, GTD upper and lower grilles, aftermarket 17" rims with 38 mm offset and rear badge delete. I skipped the seats, steering wheel, brakes, and front bumper. I generally cringe at badge fakery, but the upper grille looked bad without the GTD badge, so I got one of those. I would think a JSW would be fairly straight forward to semi-convert to a GTD variant as well.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Actually, having a comprehensive list of differences and the associated PNs would be a fantastic reference.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Don't forget the most important element- the soundaktor system. :D