Joined the Touareg fan club

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I've been looking for 09/10 T2 Touareg for almost a year now and I finally found one a couple of weeks ago with all the goodies I was looking for.

Galapagos Anthracite Metallic exterior
Latte Macchiato / St. Tropez interior
Lux Limited package (body kit, chrome tail pipes, heated steering wheel, 20" wheels)
Premium tech package (Nav, rear view camera, parking sensors, HID's, AFS II, KESSY, Start/stop push button, color MFD, DynAudio 600w stereo)
Towing package
4 corner air suspension

I have a lot to learn and have been spending a lot of time here and on ClubTouareg reading and absorbing.

Here's a few pics:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Hey now! That's a pretty slick ride. How do you like the V6?

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Hey now! That's a pretty slick ride. How do you like the V6?
Thank you. The V6 TDI is the most quiet & smoothest running diesel engine I've ever experienced.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Very nice addition to the VW fleet:D.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Congratulations, that one is nicely equipped, pretty sure you're gonna love it. It's surprising how maneuverable they are - essentially the same turning radius as your 05 Passat. We've learned to accept the fuel mileage, but it's still great for a vehicle of that size, weight and capability.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We can install one of those old school gas station garage bells at the end of the driveway for you.

Summit

TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Congrats, Beautiful! I think vw only made a few hundred of those cars per year. It's nice when you can wait to find the perfect car. Did you get it locally or fly some where? I flew to Chicago to get mine.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
Congrats, Beautiful! I think vw only made a few hundred of those cars per year. It's nice when you can wait to find the perfect car. Did you get it locally or fly some where? I flew to Chicago to get mine.
Thank you! I ended up flying from Detroit to Hartford CT to pick this one up.

She ended up having a couple small issues, but I've got them fixed now (split pressure / boost hose, 1 bad glow plug, and the local VW dealer diagnosed a bad NOX sensor which really turned out to be just needing a software update and then a hard reset of the NOX sensor.

Now those are done, the vehicle is running great!

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
Have the dealer check and make sure your ECU software is the latest revision first before replacing the sensor. Or if you have VCDS you can check it as well. I don't remember off hand what it is, but can look it up later and let you know.