jhax's Built ALH into a MK2 Golf thread

jmodge

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 5speed daily commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/502's backroad cruiser
well, I see you have a pvc valve on the cover. Maybe pull that off and run a hose off the cover to see what is going on. Get the oil level correct and the fuel turned down to start. Looks like lots of juice that isn't being burnt making it to the turbo, unless it is the turbo. That could be a runaway in the making

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Well my dumb ass just remembered that without an intercooler and IC hoses plumbed, of course it's just going to dump fuel into the motor. I got so excited the other night that I got it to start that I completely forgot about that aspect.

jmodge

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 5speed daily commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/502's backroad cruiser

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
That is correct I have not done the initial break in procedure. Which one would you recommend?

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI