Jetta Wagon Rear Hatch Auto-lock Disable ?

TDI_Jetta_Guy

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Silver
I've looked and looked and haven't found the path to enlightenment. Please help o' gurus...

Just bought a 2004 Jetta TDI wagon and it's the best car ever. Feeling very smug about the mileage!

However, the rear hatch doesn't unlock with the rest of the doors. I hate that. It's a small thing to be worked up about, but how to disable the auto-locking and teach it to unlock with the rest of the doors? Do I need to get in there with a scanner and start flipping bits? Is there another way?

Thanks! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TDI_Jetta_Guy

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Silver
Talk about instant answers! Damn, that's fast. Thank you!

I like Pencilneck's hardware solution, quite tidy. Think I will keep scratching around for more details on the scan tool solution too. (Something so appealing about customizing the brains of my Jetta, doncha know.)

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
Pay attention to the 'side effect' of this mod.

You could leave your car vunerable to anyone opening the hatch and not setting off the alarm.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
This method does not have the 60 second issue, if your doors are unlocked so is your trunk/tailgate. This is not done on an 04' but I don't see why it should not work. It is more work than the previous method linked, but the results are better IMO.

-Jack

peteguenther

TDI
2003 Jetta
Hey there the this method link above goes to not found. I would love to be able to open the rear hatch on my 03 wagon anytime doors are unlocked!