Jetta V now in vw.com's build-your-own

A3T4B5

TDI
'05 Passat GLS TDI sedan, Shadow Blue
Jetta V now in vw.com\'s build-your-own

For all versions VE, 2.5, & TDI . Also full specs & tech data are up.

Darren_J

Veteran Member
TDI
MK 4 TDI

The VW Canadian site is also up today, checked last night and it was still the A4 style, but now with the A5 it's not working properly, getting a lot of errors, can't seem to select DSG or go to summary.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...

The VW Canadian site is also up today, checked last night and it was still the A4 style, but now with the A5 it's not working properly, getting a lot of errors, can't seem to select DSG or go to summary.
The Canadian site worked well for me. I spec'd out a TDI with all the bells and whistles, thinking a future replacement for our Passat; I've come to appreciate the MFA. Anyway, with the 2nd leather package that has sunroof, homelink, sunshade, alloys, MFA, etc etc, it really is almost the same spec as our current Passat (minus the leather on the Passat), and came out to $34k Canadian; our Passat listed for $36k if my memory is correct.

But it falls short of the Passat in two critical specs: 34 hp and 70 lb-ft short, in fact. Put the current 2.0 Passat engine in it, with DSG, and I'd trade our Passat for one when the time is right.

Darren_J

Veteran Member
TDI
MK 4 TDI

$34K that's nuts, with taxes etc your almost at $39K
. I don't know if I could swallow that, is it really worth it? I still can't get it to work, I tried both my computers. I can't select any options and the summary page cannot be displayed. Hmmm. I wanted to spec out a TDI with DSG too.

BTW, I received an invitation by mail to the local VW dealer on April 2nd for a BBQ and the official unveiling of the A5 Jetta, I'll definitely go and take a test ride.

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
Re: Jetta V now in vw.com\'s build-your-own

Ya, I checked out the vw.ca site as well. I was a little shocked to see that a loaded Jetta V was $34k. I'll take my loaded Jetta IV for 29k, plus it looks better. I went to see the new mkV at the dealership, but I won't open that can of worms.