Jetta V mod on my Jetta IV

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I picked up one of my two hooks today. Will try to install when and if it ever gets warm.

I may not use the speed nuts that come with it, but we'll see. These are pretty slick and are a cheap mod too!

Here is Penclnck's picture from the Jetta V.

NewJettaGuy took some pictures to show where they install on the Jetta IV. Looks like there are ghost markings for the holes in the parcel shelf support. As soon as I get the pictures from John, I'll post them.

L

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So, I went grocery shopping and picked up milk, juice, distilled water, and a bunch of stuff that would normally roll around the trunk...not any more.

These hooks are very handy. Now to try and figure out a way to retrofit them into the wagon.

The hooks actually fold out 180 degrees so they can be mounted in a verticle position as well.

L

mazot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Indigo Blue
These hooks are very handy. Now to try and figure out a way to retrofit them into the wagon.
The wagon already has three hooks behind the rear seats I believe for the same purpose.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nope. Those hooks are tie-downs for a child seat. The sedan has them on the parcel shelf.

Not the same thing.

EZC6083

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI Black
lito, was it necessary to remove the parcel shelf cover for this mod? I can really see the utility with this.

Obadiah

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
Lito,
got a part number for this hook of hooks? Spring is coming and that means moding for us
Paul
aka jump62

ps wonder how much the rear seat from a Jetta V would run, love to have the center arm rest

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
EZC6083,

The parcel shelf metal is not very thick. Otherwise, I would have just used self-tapping sheet metal screws. VW has specified a threaded speed nut. The screws come with red lock-tight on them.

I ended up cutting off the clip of the speed nut and using it like a regular nut. It holds very well.

The parcel shelf is not very hard to remove. Just (3) 13mm bolts for the child saftey seat tie-downs, unclip the 3rd tail light and the parcel shelf is out.

You lift up on the front edge to release (3)plastic studs and then pull the shelf forward.

L

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
Yeah, I saw those when I test drove a Jetta V. Pretty nifty. I'm not sure where you'd put them in a wagon, tho.

Jason

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
You could probably find a way to attach them to the roll case for the cargo cover... Kinda far back in there but it's a thought.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't have the part numbers because John at Impex ordered them for me. They're $9.00 each, plus the screws and speed nuts.

Cheap. I'll see if John's got them tomorrow.

L

zing

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Gray
Audi's have been using these things for years now...........Try the parts department at the dealership, think you will be suprised on the cost! Cheap!!

Marty S.

I have the audi ## 6y5 867 615 /b41 this is on the packing.

TeleDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Reflex Silver
Woah... Been a while since I've been to Impex's site... Nice new format!
New format is nice
, but the OEM part numbers have been dropped from the page
... Bummer, used to be a good way to reseach parts... Not so good with just the Impex SKU.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
but the OEM part numbers have been dropped from the page
You only get ONE guess as to who was threatening legal action which preciptated that change, one.

cosmic

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Silver Arrow
Nice mod.

Does anyone have the part number for the parcel shelf clips that I am going to break? I have already broke one, and am sure the others will die.

Thanks!

cosmic

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice mod.

Does anyone have the part number for the parcel shelf clips that I am going to break? I have already broke one, and am sure the others will die.

Thanks!
Eep, I mistyped... I checked that part number on impex, and got nothing, but that part number is not what I need.

I am wondering what the part number for the parcel shelf clips is.

cosmic

Veteran Member
TDI
Eep, I mistyped... I checked that part number on impex, and got nothing, but that part number is not what I need.

I am wondering what the part number for the parcel shelf clips is.
I found that the part number for the parcel shelf clip is 8D0 863 987 A