Jetta TDI under investigation for fuel leaks

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Grain dust leveled a grain elevator on the Mississippi river when I was a kid and took several lives with it. One section of concrete was large enough to send an empty barge to the bottom of the river.

3waygeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
You're talking about the Robin Hood mill in Davenport, right? I grew up in Bettendorf and was in junior high when it happened.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Puts us about 3 years apart. I think I was a junior at Davenport West. Just remember that they did a school wide plea for blood donors but I was not old enough. Didn't remember that is was Robin Hood.

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Bumping this with the info that the recall *does* indeed apply in the UK :

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/re...726DEC80257968002B0104&freeText=Blank&tx=VOSA

"Reference : R/2011/169
Manufacturer Ref : 23K2
Make: VW
Model : T5, Passat, Golf, Tiguan, Eos and Scirocco
Launch Date : 15/12/2011
Numbers Involved : 33719
Build Start Date : 01/01/2009
Build End Date : 15/12/2011

Recall Details
Concern : FUEL MAY LEAK

Description : On 2.0l Common Rail engines of a limited production period faulty material can cause leaks on the high pressure pipes during the service life of the vehicle.

Remedial Action : Fitting of anti-vibration balance weights must be fitted on the high-pressure pipes."

fcmcgirr

TDI
2010 JSW TDI Black 6sp Manual
New Leak

Had the recall installed 14 months ago and my #2 injector just blew, shooting diesel everywhere. Has anyone had this happen after having the dampeners installed?? Waiting to hear if VW is going to cover it because it's past the 12 months that they warranty service.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How many miles on yours? I'm right at 50K and have not had any issues.

fcmcgirr

TDI
2010 JSW TDI Black 6sp Manual
Just hit 40K...right now looks like the recall wasn't done properly. I don't think there was even a dampener on the #2 line. Hopefully VW pulls through on it. right now I'm over $500 just in towing and inspections.

Logan91

TDI
2014 jetta value edition 2.0 tdi
2014 jetta tdi fuel leak

I have a 2014 jetta with a tdi. Since I've had it, it has always smelled a little like burnt diesel inside the cab.
It was just towed because of a fuel leak somewhere on the back of the motor. I was unable to find the leak but it was sure smoking black smoke from the back down by the turbo. Anyone know or have herd of this. Is it the same thing as the 2011 leak by number 2 injector.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I have a 2014 jetta with a tdi. Since I've had it, it has always smelled a little like burnt diesel inside the cab.
It was just towed because of a fuel leak somewhere on the back of the motor. I was unable to find the leak but it was sure smoking black smoke from the back down by the turbo. Anyone know or have herd of this. Is it the same thing as the 2011 leak by number 2 injector.

Wouldn't that be an EXHAUST leak?

Bill

Logan91

TDI
2014 jetta value edition 2.0 tdi
No not really. There is no noise that would indicate a exhaust leak. It smells like diesel and with these new tdi the exhaust does not smell like a regular diesel motor.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
The fuel leak you are talking about is from an injector.