Jetta MkV "Easter Eggs"....hidden tricks!

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW New Beetle 2006.5 Jetta Edition
Question on a previous found Easter Egg "The 120 vac outlet", mine doesn't work... is there fuse that protects it?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Is your key turned on? Everything has a fuse in your car, but I don't know which one you need to look at. Are there any blown fuses?

Bill

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW New Beetle 2006.5 Jetta Edition
Is your key turned on? Everything has a fuse in your car, but I don't know which one you need to look at. Are there any blown fuses?

Bill
Bill,

I just went out to test it again...it only works when the engine is running. I was trying it with just the ignition on accessory (engine not running). Good to know it works!

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:

zagato27

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Interlagos
Perhaps not an "Easter Egg", but interesting. I'm going through the manual on my '12 JSW TDi trying to find VW's fuel recommendations and no no's. Specifically looking for their take on bio fuel (max of B5). Well, doing some incidental reading I find that there is an "arrow" (actually a triangle) on the pictogram of the fuel pump in the gas gauge that according to VW indicates which side of the car the fuel door is on. Who'd known:). I'm new enough to VW's that I sometimes forget which side it's on. Furthermore, all of my other cars have the fuel door on the driver's side. I gotta get back into the books:rolleyes:
Cheers

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Perhaps not an "Easter Egg", but interesting. I'm going through the manual on my '12 JSW TDi trying to find VW's fuel recommendations and no no's. Specifically looking for their take on bio fuel (max of B5). Well, doing some incidental reading I find that there is an "arrow" (actually a triangle) on the pictogram of the fuel pump in the gas gauge that according to VW indicates which side of the car the fuel door is on. Who'd known:). I'm new enough to VW's that I sometimes forget which side it's on. Furthermore, all of my other cars have the fuel door on the driver's side. I gotta get back into the books:rolleyes:
Cheers
This has been on nearly every car driven, VW or otherwise, since early 2000's.

zagato27

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Interlagos
DANG! (FacePalm) Never noticed that before. Course my other car is/was a '97 Maxima SE 5spd...no triangle.

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
You can turn off your daytime running lights by doing the following:

1. Turn ignition to ON (do not start the car)
2. Push down the turn signal indicator to activate the left turn signal
3. Pull in on the turn signal indicator to activate the temporary high beams
4. Hold until car stops dinging

You can reactivate the daytime running lights by following the same procedure but pushing the indicator up to activate the right turn signal in step 2.

I know this only works on some cars but it worked on my 2010 Jetta TDI.

Last edited:

edvinm

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
No such thing on my 2005.5 Jetta TDI...
There are actually two options:
1. There is an arrow indicating which side of the car the fuel door is on.
2. The actual gas gauge is on the side of the car the fuel door is on.

I would guess in your 2005.5 the gas gauge is on the side the fuel door is on since there is no arrow.

DZL_Damon

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Loyal Edition
not my 09 either... Irritates me it doesn't, since it's the only vehicle I drive that has the fuel on the passenger side. I still make that rookie move after 50+k miles on occasion!!! :p

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
not my 09 either... Irritates me it doesn't, since it's the only vehicle I drive that has the fuel on the passenger side. I still make that rookie move after 50+k miles on occasion!!! :p
If there is no arrow, look at the "fuel pump" icon located in your fuel gauge.

The actual pump, on the fuel pump icon will be on either the left or right side of the pump itself, which will match up with which side of the car the fuel door is on.

This sometimes is the replacement for the little arrow.

richbl

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Nice extra storage

On my 2011 Golf TDI, in addition to the cargo net, there's a second cargo net cleverly hidden under the hatch cover. Works great for things like a first aid kit.
rich

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
10' Jetta TDi Cup Edition - 6M, 02' TDI Beetle - 5M
On my 2011 Golf TDI, in addition to the cargo net, there's a second cargo net cleverly hidden under the hatch cover. Works great for things like a first aid kit.
rich
Did they start retroactively making 2011 MKV's?

-Sent with Tapatalk via my iPhone

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Spice Red TDI Jetta, 2006.5 DSG Platinum Gray TDI
While sitting next to my car I just noticed something that I had overlooked in the 7.5 years I have owned my car. This could've came in handy a few times. If you undo the top of the hood strut and open the hood past it's normal open position, there is are holes on each hinge that line up to place a pin in that hold the hood open in a service position.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Insert key in drivers door lock and turn to the right and hold for a few seconds. All windows go up. Turn to the left and all windows go down until you let up. Think this works with the sunroof as well.
Probably old news by now.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
I think we can safely say that VW has had that feature for decades now. But, it's not advertised like is was in the early 90's

Even my '96 Passat has that feature.

Tony
Sent from my e-diesel fleet