Jetta Girl Makes 200HP

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
As a result of a lot of team work between KermaTDI, StreetToys, JS Performance and myself, we were finally able to break the 200HP barrier for BRM engines. JS Performance built my car using a turbo from Kerma / StreetToys, PD150 injectors and Alligator tune from Kerma. There was a lot of custom fabrication work done to achieve this, since there are no other documented TDI’s with BRM engines that have been modified to this extreme. JSP, StreetToys and KermaTDI all had to work very closely to achieve this accomplishment.
My car has undergone a complete transformation with PD150 injectors, a S/T 3B turbo, EGR delete, 3” dual exhaust, and an Alligator Tune. With these mods, I was able to double my factory HP.
I have a total of three different set-ups that I documented.
First, before my car went up to JSP for the work to begin, I had a dyno session to get a baseline in order to set the parameters for my car. Here is that dyno:
Dyno Sheet 1
Second, after I got my car back, I went back to the same shop that I got the first dyno done at. This next dyno graph shows the results of just the PD150 injectors, bigger turbo and exhaust. The only tuning done on this run was to delete the EGR.
Dyno Sheet 2
Third, this pull shows what my car did with the PD 150 injectors, S/T 3B turbo, and the Alligator tune.
Dyno Sheet 3

You will notice that in the third dyno sheet, my peak HP was achieved at about 2800 RPM with an "off the shelf" tune.
We have plans to go back to the dyno and do some live tuning with Charlie via email so we can perfect my car's performance. The Q-Loader sure makes this process easy.

Thanks again, JSP, KermaTDI, and Street Toys for helping me achieve this milestone. I am so fortunate to have you all on my team! :)

KROUT

persona non grata
Very nice. The curves on the tuned run look the best. Looks nice and smooth. Damn I need 20 more hp. lol

How is the smoke?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Very nice JG! Let me know when you're ready for the DD kit :).
Maybe I should have raced you while I had the chance... ;)
-BB

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
That looks really good JG! The cool thing about this is that you did this with diesel fuel alone!:D Just wait untill we get you "dialed in", I think you will really dig it!;)

Nick/Street Toys

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Street Toys said:
That looks really good JG! The cool thing about this is that you did this with diesel fuel alone!:D Just wait untill we get you "dialed in", I think you will really dig it!;)

Nick/Street Toys
I'm thinking a custom painted hot pink bottle of nitrous might find it's way into my trunk....:D :D

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
I think that it would look cool! You might want to strentghen your lower end first though!;)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
LOL! I noticed that it was also sponsored by a mortgage company. Was that so you could afford it?

Just kidding. This isn't a cheap acheivement, but it's not uber-expensive either. It would be nice to give a ballpark figure of the dollar amount for this level. But I will certainly understand if you want to keep that private.

cheeba

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Audi TT 225
>180hp from 2400-4400rpm - beautiful! I'm very interested in seeing how much extra power can be had from custom tweaking; please follow up with that info.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Wow, very nice. Got to love that Tq figure. :cool:

Looking forward to hearing about your next pass racing.

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
LOL....

Where are your pink fuzzy mirror dice and pink furry steering wheel cover?......

Congrats, now put those dyno numbers to work. I'm thinking low 14's :D......

Slicks and a tranny upgrade could spank even more trucks.... lol :eek:

jetta-girl said:
I'm thinking a custom painted hot pink bottle of nitrous might find it's way into my trunk....:D :D

kirda

TDI
2002 Golf Tdi
jackbombay said:
That #3 dyno is the stuff dreams are made of!
Great work guys!

Thanks goes out to JG to allow us to be part of this great build.:D

Lets not forget Street Toys, KermaTDI and the staff at JSP for this build "First 200 hp+ BRM setup in NA"

With companies like these Tdi owners have a great future to look forward to.

Well done to you all.:cool::cool:

Jose
JSP

Last edited:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
dieseldorf said:
Girl, congrats! That is a notable achievement. Where can we see pictures of the proud owner posing with her uber-machine?
Yeah and we mean those type of photo's :p (ya know what i mean WINK);)

Congrats!!

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I will definetly be following up with our progress... :D I have another two weeks until my next race, I'll be able to let you know track times then.

Mojo... :p You crack me up...

Mark@MaloneTuning

Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
cheeba said:
>180hp from 2400-4400rpm - beautiful! I'm very interested in seeing how much extra power can be had from custom tweaking; please follow up with that info.
There's also considerably lower EGT and smoke (+ more reliability) than any VNT-17 or VNT-17 hybrid turbo pushed to the extreme with similar numbers on the same dyno.

Nice run JettaGirl! :)

Last edited:

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Nice work. :) I know it was way back in mid 2005 when I ditched my "un-upgradeable" pd100 engine in favour of a pd130, but it seems that 3 years on, the pd100 is showing it can be pushed hard too. I still feel a better sense of security pushing a pd130 hard than a pd100. Unsure why as both are solid enough I think for 100% stock power.

BioChoppers

Vendor
TDI
2003 jetta 5spd wagon
Awesome job guys!

This is definitely paving the way to some great BRM's in the future.

It'll be interesting to see the 1/4 mile times.

Jetta-girl, if you haven't already, you may want to consider a Peloquin soon;)

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Very nice numbers and very nice curves. Are you willing to tell us more about the turbo? And what were EGTs like during the pull?

That car must be an absolute kick to drive. Congratulations.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Well, I made my serious post in #24, so felt a little off-topic / mis-construing of someone else's post was called for. :)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Very nice numbers and very nice curves. Are you willing to tell us more about the turbo? And what were EGTs like during the pull?

That car must be an absolute kick to drive. Congratulations.
Thanks for the kind words. :) Yes, my car is a lot of fun to drive...LOL:D

I've said all I know about my turbo... That it's an S/T 3B. If you want more specific answers or descriptions, you will have to ask Street Toys.

My EGT's were between 1401* and 1438*. When I'm just playing around out on the street, I've yet to see it reach past 1100*. My EGT probe is pre-turbo.