Jetta Backup Camera with Tracking

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Forgive me first for not using the correct nomenclature here...
I am considering installing backup camera system to my JSW, and I saw, besides the cheaper, dumber one that only shows some fixed guidance lines, here is also one with dynamic guidance lines that bend with your steering wheel.
I figured it will worth the money if it really works. Does anyone have any experience with it? Are those "dynamic guidance line"s really accurate?

thanks!

CsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TouaregTDI, '15 JettaTDI
on my '10 Treg, there are 3 sets of lines, straight (green), parallel park, and the dynamic or bending lines (yellow). I have never used them for parallel parking and I don't take notice when I am going straight back, although in that case, the yellow sit over top the green lines and should be as accurate as the dynamic. In terms of the dynamic, they are close- in that the view is a couple of inches wider than actual vehicle width. So it gives you a buffer of a couple of inches- if you are backing into a white lined parking space and the dynamic shows you would be on the white line, you will be right inside of it.

Ultimately, I suspect it depends on the programing of what you are looking at, and how it interfaces with the JSW

Last edited: