Jetta 2 Door Coupe ... doncha wish!

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
Personally, one of the things I like best about my Jetta is the 4 doors. Two door cars can be inconvenient, especially with young'uns.

However, with that coupe that is NOT the point. That thing is pretty sporty looking and with a 6-speed tranny and the 1.8T would definitely get me into lots of trouble with John Q. Laws.

What would be the advantage of 4Motion in a sport coupe, though?

------------------
The TDI Owners' Premium Diesel Fueling Station List:
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/svenfoucault.geo/tdi/premdiesel.html" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.geocities.com/svenfoucault.geo/tdi/premdiesel.html</A>

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
Wonder if they will ever build something like it? I think it was a graft of the Honda Accord coupe and a Jetta in PaintShop.

Jamie

Cosmic Green

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta wagon
I saw that car in person back in January '98, and it really blew me away. I wasn't a VW owner back then, nonetheless I couldn't believe that the maker of boxy cars could come up with something that beautiful. Upon close examination, it was obviously more than a show concept, simply because if the little details in the finishing throughout. Little did I know that it was the precursor to the new Jetta! Too bad they decided not to build the coupe version.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Hi ITTRAD. Mz Sue sends her greetings. Since the Wilmington GTG, where I saw Turbo Steve's yellow calipers, and TDI Ray's blue, I decided on Tail Light Red Calipers. Cleaned them up and painted them with spray. I like the red accent, and since I am a perfect candidate for mid life crisis red, I figure it to be a good choice. I couldn't help but notice that red behind those rims. Looks quite a bit like mine, not the 2 door, but the wheels.

Thanks for the post.

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
Hi EZ! Say hi to Daizy. Had to go back and look at the picture... never notice the red calipers. Do you need to use a special kind of paint for them? Maybe we should move this to another topic....

Jamie

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Awe, why move just when we get used to the neighborhood. I used Rustoleum Safety Red industrial paint. Three coats on each after a VERY thorough mask job and my shop blanket draped all over the car and behind the rotors. I like the look. And hey, since it's my car, I can do what I want. Just nice to know that in the two door coupe, someone else has mid life crisis red on their calipers.

------------------
Driv'n EZ (David) & Mz. Sue 2K Jetta GLS TDI silver/black /lux & 6 pk CD

DSLSIPR

Veteran Member
TDI
2k-2 Tornado Red Jetta
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ittrad:
http://www.geocities.com/bora20_ca/main.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ever since I heard about the jetta wagon I've been considering how to convert my '98 to a wagon. Using a Golf tail may work but the Golf's rear overhang is much shorter,any ideas or ... drawings would be very cool.

------------------
Paul W. 98 Jetta TDI

bob.os

TDI
None :(
Don't I wish. My 85 Jetta Coupe is still my favorite car in my past. I dislike the small doors in 4-door cars and the lack of easy access to the back seat. With a Coupe, I open one door, plop the laptop case, or camera bag or whatever else I'm carrying in the back, flip the seat up, then get in.
And it is damn good looking too.
My wife, OTOH, thinks I'm an idiot and won't have anything but a 4-door, at least till the kids are gone.

BTW, I don't think that a Bora coupe ever existed, even in show form. A few places have nicely Photoshoppped grafts of a Golf midsection on a Bora front and rear.

------------------

Bob O'Shaughnessy, Columbus, OH
vanagon@columbus.rr.com
99 A3 Jetta TDI
85GL with basic Westy interior
74 Bus (Dad's)
72 Wife, 94 Rabbit, 95 Cat, 96 cat, 98 Kid
52 House