1. Honestly
2. Mostly truthful
3. Somewhat creatively
4. Misrepresented reality and why?
5. Did not respond and kept the dollar coin

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Are you kidding? What kind of "poll" are you taking? Why would I want to answer anything dishonestly?

I've never received a survey from JDPower. If I do, I will make no attempt to dishonestly and artificially skew the survey in any way.

Last edited:

raccy

TDI
2015 GSW TDI - Phase I fix
Got one

...and it was mostly about the service I received at the dealership here in Anchorage. I have a 2011 JSW.

nois

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Hey, just received the JD power survey. How have you answered it:
1. Honestly
2. Mostly truthful
3. Somewhat creatively
I received two survey requests from JD Power. Both had dollar bills inside. I answered honestly - it was about my experience with the dealer mostly.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
...and they have statistical techniques to compensate for any individual who messes with the survey. If you're watching the Olympics, you can see some of these: they throw out the high & low scores, etc. If the sample size is large enough whether or not some people put down non-factual answers just won't matter.....

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I received 2 surveys.....the 1st one had a $1 bill, the 2nd one had a $5 bill in it. I answered honestly, and the 2nd one had a lot more questions.

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Hey, just received the JD power survey. How have you answered it:

1. Honestly
2. Mostly truthful
3. Somewhat creatively

I was impressed with the car when I test drove it and continue to be impressed by it. The survey was surprisingly comprehensive....I think it took me 30-40 mins.

edsiajb

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Doesn't really matter as JDP data is seriously flawed anyway. For example, they give the same weight to a flaw in the paint as a failed transmission. JDP should at least separate cosmetic issues from mechanical and/or electrical issues. Or, separate issues that make the car unusable (until repaired) from those issues that do not.

JD Power is really more of a marketing firm that really doesn't care about accurate data. They've done a fantastic job, however, marketing their own name, and associating their name with authority regarding research.

Last edited:

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
Think About It

Are you kidding? What kind of "poll" are you taking? Why would I want to answer anything dishonestly?

I've never received a survey from JDPower. If I do, I will make no attempt to dishonestly and artificially skew the survey in any way.
Why would someone who was dishonest on the JD Powers poll answer your poll honestly?