It's really over,,,

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
It\'s really over,,,

Well after a year of planning and meetings, the Fest came and went leaving quite an aftermath in its wake. Most of it was something of a blur, and the parts of my brain where the fest memories reside are filled more with numbers than anything else.

But it was a great time, and it was great to see so many faces, both new and familiar. It's been a nervous year for us organizers and finally getting to see everyone enjoy themselves was both relieving and gratifying.

Thanks again for everyone who came out and made this year's Fest such a success. I'm always amazed at what a great community we're all part of here, and it was a real treat for us to be able to give something back.

So how about some numbers?

Out of 163 total registrations, 128 people were at the fest. There were also many spouses, friends, and children present, as well as members who never made their way over to the registration booth to get their name tag.

Over eighty people made it to both the breakfast buffet and the closing banquet, and forty people agreed that F1 Boston was just about the most fun thing they'd ever done.

I've got an official list of the sponsors of this year's Fest as well. I'll post that list later - without their donations, this event would not have been possible.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
It\'s really over,,,

THANKS!!! You helped erase my horrible personal memories from last years FEST !!I had an absolute Blast!! Excellent time!

Rustynuts

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta 2.0ltr Sport TDI
It\'s really over,,,

--------------------
TDIFest 2004 - You gotta register to attend - see you there!
Time to change that signature.

Glad you all had a stonkin good time.

What's the furthest anyone's ever travelled to a "Fest"?
Maybe sometime when I can get the wife to fly.......

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
It\'s really over,,,

As one who could not make it, the pictures tell the story, looks like you folks did yourself proud, great attendance, and many new faces, which is what it takes to keep it going.
And a few old faces to keep the crowd in line eh Tomo??

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
It\'s really over,,,

Had a great time and many thanks to EVERYONE who put this together..You did 1 hell of a job. It was fun seeing the Impex Fest crowd along with meeting lots of new TDIers.

Finally, thanks to Andy (03tdi) for the new name suggestion!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
It\'s really over,,,

I would have to second what Tomo said. It was great being able to put faces to names and avatars. Good job NE crew.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
It\'s really over,,,

It was a bit sad to arrive back home @ 4 o'clock this afternoon, but I will carry the memories of a great weekend and many new acquaintances made and old ones rekindled.

My life truly has been enriched by people like you guys.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
It\'s really over,,,

Definitely suffering from post-fest stress disorder. Well, that and lack of sleep.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
It\'s really over,,,

Yeppers, What a blast! Lot's of laughs and good times. Absolutely wonderful to put faces to names of some I have corresponded with for years. Fred, , PeterV, Poet, Eric, Jon B.,and the gang really pulled off a winner here, eh? Later!

whiterabbit7

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS 201k miles
It\'s really over,,,

Its not quite over yet for me. We're getting ready to head out the door to NYC. I stopped to visit a friend on Long Island and figured I had to go to the city for the first time.
As far as I could figure out no one traveled farther than myself. 1500 miles. Next year maybe there can be a farthest traveled award???

Hopefully we'll make it home sometime wednesday night. Can't wait to see the city.
This was the best fest yet. But I've only been to two. Good job guys. Whoever does next years has a lot to live up to.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
It\'s really over,,,

Its not quite over yet for me. We're getting ready to head out the door to NYC. I stopped to visit a friend on Long Island and figured I had to go to the city for the first time.
As far as I could figure out no one traveled farther than myself. 1500 miles. Next year maybe there can be a farthest traveled award???

Hopefully we'll make it home sometime wednesday night. Can't wait to see the city.
This was the best fest yet. But I've only been to two. Good job guys. Whoever does next years has a lot to live up to.
actually, there was one, but in the confusion we dropped that ball. we're going to announce it online and send the winner his/her trophy.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
It\'s really over,,,

THANKS!!! You helped erase my horrible personal memories from last years FEST !!...
I hope that's in reference to your coolant migration problem!

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it out this year. I hope that I can get out to some other GTG to make up for it. It looks like it was a great time and well organized from what I've read.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
It\'s really over,,,

Hi All,

What a fun weekend, a little work too. hehe. I finally got some good A3/B4 testing done on Sunday evening, even though the cops showed up. Viesel had to explain err describe the smoke is cuz of the veggie oil not the right foot, yea right - hehe. We tried every A3/B4 AFN110 combo I had until we hit gold, or should I say 1600deg F :) The AFN110 021 GN with stage 3 was awesome with no codes running open loop(sans N75).

I hope everyone's trip was smooth as mine. Everything went well until my tv antenna on my RV flipped back at 85mph. No harm done, the wires held it from crashing thru someone's windshild behind me. I guess I'll go back to removable satellite dish. Thanks to David who brought me a plate of food Sunday evening, he also won the RC raffle :)

Dinner on Fri eve was fun, as was meeting everyone who visited the trailer. I especialled enjoyed the So-Cal. Aussie Steve and Harv. What a hoot he was. Great to finally meet the real Kerma, sorry we didn't get more time to talk tuning.

I saved $270 on the motel room by camping, but spent $140 on fuel. Great to meet other campers, I guess the acorns weren't as noisy on the tents as the camper roof.

Great job by the organizers, that was alot of work and preparation to pull off - Job well done.

thanks again,
Jeff

TorkingDog

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
It\'s really over,,,

Yes, it really was a fun weekend. The weather was excellent and getting to see so many familiar faces and some new ones as well was terrific!

Although another year of TDI fun is coming to a close but we can look forward to another, and next years Fest, wherever it may be!

Once again, it was great seeing everyone!

Dick

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
It\'s really over,,,

Definitely suffering from post-fest stress disorder. Well, that and lack of sleep.
yeah... ditto - post fest sleep deprivation disorder and i even bailed on the final movie of the midnight moive seires... got to see the pikes peak hill climb DVD... how sweet....

and you all ROCK... Good job, great to meet Harv, Danix, jettafock, MCA, BeetleGo, Dick Shine, and... sheesh who else... what a gang! Great to see all the faces from Toronto, New england, the Mid-Atlantic and all... What a time! How fun!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
It\'s really over,,,

To all I fear that Fest 2004 IS past But the future always has the possibility if a great event. After several days of fitfull sleep I know the last minute rush to accomplish never ending tasks has culminated in a "Great time was had by all..."

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
It\'s really over,,,

This was my first Fest and I had a blast!

Thanks Tomo, for your help and support during the Tech session - (I had never seen one of those either, yet there I was, somehow convinced to do one...
)

I really think we were quite effective in getting the word out about Zaino. But how stupid - we just made our work for next year's Show n' Shine that much harder! D'oh!

What I love about this community is how friendly, helpful and supportive we are - I saw many examples of this throughout the weekend.

I hope that's the message that the Newbies gathered, and I hope they help us to continue the atmosphere of comaraderie we enjoy both on the forums and at the local GTG's. And of course, at the next Fest - wherever it may be...

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
It\'s really over,,,

What I love about this community is how friendly, helpful and supportive we are - I saw many examples of this throughout the weekend.
All, I have to say is DITTO!!! What a great bunch of people! It was great to see those I already knew and make many new friends!! I really had a blast. I have yet to meet a person through TDIclub who is mean spirited, a jerk or unwilling to go out of their way to help out a club member in need! In a club as large as this, I really think that says a lot.

Once again, though, I would like to give Julie (Hamsterdiesel) special mention!! She is totally awesome. For gosh sakes, she let me use some of her tire wet on my car eventhough I was competing in the same class. Eventhough, my car couldn't possibly touch the Zaino queen, It help me net second place. The trophy sure looks nice, so I just wanted to say thanks!!

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
It\'s really over,,,

All, I have to say is DITTO!!! What a great bunch of people! It was great to see those I already knew and make many new friends!! I really had a blast. I have yet to meet a person through TDIclub who is mean spirited, a jerk or unwilling to go out of their way to help out a club member in need! In a club as large as this, I really think that says a lot.
Have you met me?

Be sure to stop by my house some time. Since Cliff knows where it is and all.... I still can't believe that