It should not be this much of a hassle to get rid of this TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2015golfwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon
I want to get another car for the girlfriend to drive as I'm worried about my 2015 GSW getting in a wreck and only getting 20 grand on insurance VS the 30 grand VW says they will give me. I filled out the online questioner thing about a couple months ago, it asked when and where I wanted to turn the car in, I answered all the questions. The dealer I said I wanted to turn the car in at knows nothing about it and I wanted to trade it in for another used car (Volvo) they have on the lot. They say the best they can do is park the car around the back of the dealership and get me my buyback whenever VW gets around to it. I won't do that. *******s. I've had it with this freeking company. Jerks.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Wow. That was a productive, informative post that really contributed to the discussion here.

2015golfwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon
Why don't they just have it so you can just turn in the freeking car, it was their lying and cheating that caused all this hassle for their customers, I can't believe VW stays in business.

tjdeerslayer37

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi plat gray
You should expand your tunnel vision and see what an enormous undertaking it is to purchase and process so many cars.

wutech

TDI
2012 Jetta
Why don't they just have it so you can just turn in the freeking car, it was their lying and cheating that caused all this hassle for their customers, I can't believe VW stays in business.

I'm thinking you should actually follow the process and upload your documents. Hell there is basically a play by play here that you are so informed it's unbelievable. What you want is to be lazy, VW can't afford lazy, so if you want your money you need to do some work.

2015golfwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon
Screw it, I'll keep the car, let VW pay the 80 grand fine because they won't buy it back. I'm not about to get put on hold 3 hours and that sort of thing by these buttonholes, I'd never ever buy another VW Product, Audi or Porsche. I'll always stick to Volvo and Mercedes from now on.

Last edited:

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Screw it, I'll keep the car, let VW pay the 80 grand fine because they won't buy it back. I'm not about to get put on hold 3 hours and that sort of thing by these buttonholes, I'd never ever buy another VW Product, Audi or Porsche. I'll always stick to Volvo and Mercedes from now on.
as well as your "numbers" being wrong, would you mind sticking to your claim of never buying another of "their" products, can we add that you will not come back to Fred's with the negative attitude?

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey

What are you talking about? :confused:

I think you are just trying to have some fun because you are bored, or drunk, or incredibly narcissistic.

2015golfwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon
Why should I get stuck with this S box? Normally you don't want a car you sell it, you can't sell these things.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
so what makes your "golf wagon", must be a 2015, a "s" box? why are you unhappy with the buy back offer? how are you stuck with it?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Dude, besides doing the initial registration, have you followed any of the other instructions since? Uploaded docs? Anything?

It is not overly difficult. The worst is that it takes time, but it takes less time if you follow instructions, and get in the line as soon as you can instead of moaning about it here.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Why should I get stuck with this S box?
I don't know, why should you? Is it too difficult to upload the requested documents, wait a bit, upload more documents, wait a few days, pick a date, and take the car to the dealer?

Normally you don't want a car you sell it, you can't sell these things.
Of course you can. Go to Carmax, and you'll be rid of it in an hour. Oh, you want way over the market value? Well, then, you'll need to follow the process. It really isn't that difficult.

Or you can complain on here, I guess. Whatever floats your boat.

2015golfwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon
Whats the website? My point is it should not be up to the customer, you should just be able to take the car to the dealer, they should kiss your ass and say sorry for all your inconvenience sir and then put you in one of their good non VW product trade in cars and be done with it.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Whats the website? My point is it should not be up to the customer, you should just be able to take the car to the dealer, they should kiss your ass and say sorry for all your inconvenience sir and then put you in one of their good non VW product trade in cars and be done with it.
Yeah, 400k plus cars just randomly rolling into dealers. I am sure there wouldn't be any chaos.;)

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Oh so many threads to choose from if one would only do a search.

try this: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=467062

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Here are some options

1) I will give you 500 dollars right now for it. Cash, I will even come get it. It will eliminate your worries and you fears and be instant satisfaction to you

2) Step back take a breath and realize that its a logistics nightmare for anyone. Considering the circumstances I think VW is doing a good job in general. They have 90 days to take cars back from the date the offer is approved and if you look at the spreadsheet they are doing it in less then thirty. Once you take a breath think about it for a second. You have a lot of options.

One of the options you can do is what I and others did. Park your car, turn down the insurance to minimum coverage, and go buy a new car.

You finance the new car and at worst case your first payment is not due for 30+ days (many lenders give you even more grace period)

Buy your car now , get the car you want at the price you want , with the deal you want and enjoy it.

When the check comes, either pay down the principle of the loan with the VW check , or re-fi the car to get better loan terms.

In my scenario, my new car was bought for 21,000. I took out a 60 month loan at 3.49% Got the car two weeks ago.

First payment is due on December 12th and my car turn in date is November 23rd...

Turn the car in , pay down the principle , refinance at 36 months for 1.49 %

Life is good... easy

Not totally instant gratification but almost instant, and new car, more money for my old car.. Happy me...

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Why should I get stuck with this S box? Normally you don't want a car you sell it, you can't sell these things.
Can't sell it? Are you brain dead? I'm sure there are a hundred people on this forum including me who would give you $20K for it in a heartbeat. And you would be 's-box' free.

Last edited:

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Many of us are frustrated. Signed up for buyback on 7/26/16, docs uploaded on 9/20/2016, docs accepted 10/19/2016. My registration expires on 12/31/2016 and I'm still insuring the car.

The bottom line is that it is what it is. I wish they would get their act together and get my claim processed. in the end VW will get to it when they feel like it and we must sit and play the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.