ISO: VW TDI Car Needing Work

bmart

TDI
2006 vw new beetle tdi
I sold my 2015 tdi, and went to a mk6 gti. I love the car, but I am looking to drop to something cheaper again. Prefer to buy with a mechanical issue such a timing belt failure, trans failure, etc unless it’s a really good deal. No rust buckets etc.
I’m in southern indiana and willing to travel a couple hours.

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
I may have to let my 01 (some spec in my signature) with approximately 285k. Has new tires (see pic), window tint, bluetooth cd/stereo unit and speakers, headlights, intestate battery, rotors, pads, suspension (Koni FSD self adjusting) including bushings, etc. Rebuilt 11mm IP, RC tuned, and more… also a set of 4 steel wheels with studded hapakkletia snow tires. Have a ALH parts car (I bought it for the leather interior) as well that by itself is worth $600, unless you part it out then it’s worth more of course and also an additional 2003 ALH with 135k (minus injection pump as it is now on my 01) and extra auto transmission.

Has the usual interior issues with some trim and headliner issues, needs new clutch soon (currently south bend endurance 2).

The reason I am considering selling is it started burning oil last year and seems to be from a stuck piston ring and I no longer have the physical ability to do that level of repair. The TB, water pump, belts etc has another 40k miles left but probably want to change it earlier because of age versus miles.

Almost zero rust, I have owned it since 2003 and it has spent half of its life in the south and I always wash the underside and fenders areas often in the winter and especially I the spring after the last snow of the year when in the Indiana winters.

Besides the parts car (also black) I have several others thing like new never installed glass, yes real glass, headlight lenses, 2nd set of 4 - factory wheels that match the ones on the car in the attached pics, case of oil filters etc.

Everything included, $5.5k OBO. Let me now if your interested. If I can’t sell it I will just have to pay someone to repair the stuck piston ring and clutch and she will be back and in great condition!

Last edited:

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Didn’t see my signature with some of the details so I will paste it here…

Bosch T4 Injectors, 11mm IP, DG Race Pipe, RC3, Koni FSD, SBC Stage 2 Endurance SMF, CAT2, ONCCV, Front Wagon Springs, Rear Towing Springs, Draw-Tite Class 1 Hitch, Frost Heater, Ventectomy. @ 212k - turbo swap, head rebuilt by Frank06, matched rods, injectors popped/balanced, new cam, rings, turbo, timing belt etc...

Last edited:

bmart

TDI
2006 vw new beetle tdi
Appreciate it man. That’s honestly more than I’d want to be in a mk4. I appreciate it though!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have a couple:

bmart

TDI
2006 vw new beetle tdi
I have been eyeing that post. Now I have it in my head I need a mk4 wagon

Cathfran

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI station wagon
I sold my 2015 tdi, and went to a mk6 gti. I love the car, but I am looking to drop to something cheaper again. Prefer to buy with a mechanical issue such a timing belt failure, trans failure, etc unless it’s a really good deal. No rust buckets etc.
I’m in southern indiana and willing to travel a couple hours.
I have a 2003 Jetta TDI in Seattle for sale for $3000 if you want to cross the country. It has a new timing belt and new serpentine belt. About 234k miles right now. I have been driving it for 15 years, it has a salvage title but keeps running. No rust to speak of. Some interior wear and aging, exterior not too bad.