Is This Etched In Stone?

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
I purchased my Rebuilt 2013 TDI in February. I recently used the VW search engine for eligibility and wonder if this is a simple search engine to verify's the vin is a Gen 1, 2, or 3 vehicle, or do you think it verify's qualification for buyback such as rebuilt title before 09/18?
If I am not mistaken there will be an administrator that approves buyback once buyback process begins. Any help would be appreciated
Here are my results:
Vehicle Look-Up
Enter a Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) to determine if a vehicle is included in the proposed Settlements.
Where can I find a VIN Number?
wvwnmxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Check Eligibility
This vehicle is included.
The VIN entered is included in the terms of the proposed settlements. Both Vehicle and Owner/Lessee eligibility stipulations apply in order to participate in the Settlements. Please return to this website or sign up below to receive updates as they are available.
2013 Golf Hatchback 4D TDI I4

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
At this point, I guess all the 09-15 TDIs ever sold in the US will get the same results: included.

It's still subject to "stipulations"

Last edited:

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Find out if it was totaled/rebuilt after September 18, 2015. If you can verify it happened after that date, your car may be eligible for the buyback and 50% owner restitution.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
from the settlement doc

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THE CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT ARE AFFECTED
EVEN IF YOU DO NOTHING. PLEASE
READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.
QUESTIONS? Go to w
ww.VWCourtSettlement.com or call 1-844-98-CLAIM.
- 11 -
Vehicle” listed on Page 1 of this Notice), or who,
between September 18, 2015, and the end of the claim
period, become a registered owner of an Eligible Vehicle.
The following entities and individuals are
excluded
from the class:
Owners who acquired ownership of their Volkswagen or Audi 2.0-liter TDI vehicles afterSeptember 18, 2015, and transfer title before participating in the Class Action Settlement Program through a Buyback or an Approved Emissions Modification;
• Lessees of a Volkswagen or Audi 2.0-liter TDI vehicle that is leased from a leasing company other than VW Credit, Inc.;
Owners whose Volkswagen or Audi 2.0-liter TDI vehicle (i) could not be driven underthe power of its own 2.0-liter TDI engine on June 28, 2016, or (ii)
had a branded title of assembled, dismantled, flood, junk, rebuilt, reconstructed, or salvage on September 18, 2015, and was acquired from a junkyard or salvage yard after September 18, 2015;

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Not a 2.10 question, but a VW Settlement Vehicle Look Up question

from the settlement doc

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THE CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT ARE AFFECTED
EVEN IF YOU DO NOTHING. PLEASE
READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.
QUESTIONS? Go to w
ww.VWCourtSettlement.com or call 1-844-98-CLAIM.
- 11 -
Vehicle” listed on Page 1 of this Notice), or who,
between September 18, 2015, and the end of the claim
period, become a registered owner of an Eligible Vehicle.
The following entities and individuals are
excluded
from the class:
Owners who acquired ownership of their Volkswagen or Audi 2.0-liter TDI vehicles afterSeptember 18, 2015, and transfer title before participating in the Class Action Settlement Program through a Buyback or an Approved Emissions Modification;
• Lessees of a Volkswagen or Audi 2.0-liter TDI vehicle that is leased from a leasing company other than VW Credit, Inc.;
Owners whose Volkswagen or Audi 2.0-liter TDI vehicle (i) could not be driven underthe power of its own 2.0-liter TDI engine on June 28, 2016, or (ii)
had a branded title of assembled, dismantled, flood, junk, rebuilt, reconstructed, or salvage on September 18, 2015, and was acquired from a junkyard or salvage yard after September 18, 2015;
I appreciate the post, but I have read 2.10 and understand it. What I am asking is do we think the VW Settlement Vehicle Look up tool is accurate and considers all factors on possible qualification or just a vin check to see if your vehicle is a TDI in right year range.?

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
I appreciate the post, but I have read 2.10 and understand it. What I am asking is do we think the VW Settlement Vehicle Look up tool is accurate and considers all factors on possible qualification or just a vin check to see if your vehicle is a TDI in right year range.?
If you can get thru to VAG, they're likely to be the ONLY ones who can give "advice" on their "tool."

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
I am willing to venture, that right now all of the vins from the possibly impacted cars are in their system. After July 26th, they will update their system based upon what they have gotten back from the State DMV's and insurance companies as to those vehicles that were titled and meet the exclusion rules. Even with that done, there will still be gaps in the list of qualified vehicles versus what their site says.