Is it too late to go?

jimnms

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon 5-speed Tiptronic
I know I've waited until last minute, but I'm thinking of going. I checked online last night and there are rooms still available at both hotels.

As luck would have it I will be just over 5000 miles by the time I get there, so I can do my first oil change there. Will the vendors be selling oil and filters there or should I go ahead and order it and bring it with me. I don't have a pella yet, I was hoping to give it a try before buying one. Will any vendors be selling them there?

I see dieselgeek is listed as a vendor, I was eventually wanting to purchase a skid plate, and if they're going to sell them there, maybe I could go ahead and buy it while I'm there and get help installing it. If they wont be selling them, I still have time to order it and have it here to bring with me if I can get some help installing it.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I know I've waited until last minute, but I'm thinking of going. I checked online last night and there are rooms still available at both hotels.

As luck would have it I will be just over 5000 miles by the time I get there, so I can do my first oil change there. Will the vendors be selling oil and filters there or should I go ahead and order it and bring it with me. I don't have a pella yet, I was hoping to give it a try before buying one. Will any vendors be selling them there?

I see dieselgeek is listed as a vendor, I was eventually wanting to purchase a skid plate, and if they're going to sell them there, maybe I could go ahead and buy it while I'm there and get help installing it. If they wont be selling them, I still have time to order it and have it here to bring with me if I can get some help installing it.
Deadline for rooms at Fest rate is August 19th - better get that reservation in and don't forget to register for the Fest too!

For parts you wish to purchase suggest you contact vendor direct and arrange for them to bring parts you want. Better safe than sorry on this count as no vendors will be showing up with a 18-wheeler loaded to the brim with TDI parts. In other words you may be disappointed to learn that while for example DieselGeek brings say six skidplates thay all may have been pre-sold to Fest attendees who made arrangements prior to the Fest.

You still have time to line up things but get moving on this - Fest time is rapidly approaching at last!

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
It's not too late! Don't procrastonate though.

I WOULD reccomend however, that you register and pay through the paypal link ASAP. We can't guarantee the t-shirt orders after yesterday (Friday 12th) due to having to get counts in to vendor and lead times of 2-3 weeks. We ARE ordering a few extras of the various sizes to sell at the fest. They will be on a first come first served basis at the fest and when they are gone, they are gone.

If you're wanting a skid plate from Dieselgeek, I'd suggest you get that ordered as well and discuss details with Jim. It's possible that the larger items such as skit plates could be shipped to Topel's garage a few days prior to the event?

There will be vendors coming with oil, filters, etc. I talked to Dan on the phone yesterday (danix) of TDIparts.com. I'm not sure of the oil extracters though? There are several of us that have them though from this area. I'm sure there will be some around. Just make the plunge and don't look back!

Hope to see you at the Fest!
Later,
Jeff

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Actually CoolWhite, my block of rooms is good until the 19th. After that, the rooms will be released to the general public and I can't guarantee availability nor pricing. Sorry about that folks..but that gives the hotel a couple of weeks to book the unused rooms that we don't take that weekend. That's only fair since they've held them for something like 10 months for us.
Hope to see you there...register, pay using the PayPal link and make your reservations ASAP. 2005 TDI Fest will be a thing of the past in a little more than 2 weeks! HOLY CRAP is it THAT TIME ALREADY?!?!

Hope to see you there!!
Later, Jeff

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Actually CoolWhite, my block of rooms is good until the 19th. After that, the rooms will be released to the general public and I can't guarantee availability nor pricing. Sorry about that folks..but that gives the hotel a couple of weeks to book the unused rooms that we don't take that weekend. That's only fair since they've held them for something like 10 months for us.
Hope to see you there...register, pay using the PayPal link and make your reservations ASAP. 2005 TDI Fest will be a thing of the past in a little more than 2 weeks! HOLY CRAP is it THAT TIME ALREADY?!?!

Hope to see you there!!
Later, Jeff
Since my room was reserved/paid for way back in November 2004 I wasn't paying close attention to the TDI Fest block of rooms. Have edited my post with correct date of cutoff time - thanks for informing me I had the wrong date listed.

Yeah - hard to believe Fest time is almost upon us at last!!

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Anyone else still planning on coming to the Fest, please register ASAP! We have ordered a few extra tshirts, and some extra meals. We have a little flexibility to change the number of meals for about a week yet, but the tshirts are already ordered. The sooner you register, the best we can accomodate you!