Is it my Clutch?

dsmith1279

TDI
None......Yet???
I'm 95% sure it is, but just wanted to run it past the board. I was driving my 05.5 Jetta TDI an hour ago and made a turn. I downshifted from 4 to 3rd in the turn. Let out the clutch and it sounded like a gravel box with an obvious oscillating crack at my feet. I have 111K on the clock and bought the car 5K ago so I know no history. I assume it still has the DMF.

Even with the clutch was pushed in I got the rattle, although it was less evident.

So, what do you think? Is it the clutch? If so, is this a good deal on a new setup? From what I have read I definetly want to get away from the DMF... right?

http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=Sachs_K7003802.ELWG60_VR6_Clutch_with_Eurospec_G60_Flywheel_Kit_14_lbs&products_id=401

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
get a heavier flywheel

Go with TDIparts.com, Peter is a member here and they sell quality parts at a reasonable price - (or any of the other member vendors such as Bleached Bora or others that I don't know off the top of my head - As a New Englander I am partial to TDiparts. - support our members!) You also want to stay away from a lighter flywheel, all it will do is add chatter to your engine, your not going to push your rpms any faster with the light flywheel only make your car noisier.

Also South Bend makes a great product......... the SACHS is nice too though.