***, is it Freds, or my laptop??

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I suspect you may have a virus on your laptop. I did some quick scans on the forums an all looks fine.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
You never know where viruses are coming from these days... may not be the kids. I found something on my computer not long ago that fooled and re-programmed all of my anti-virus and anti-malware software... (it appeared like it was working when in fact it had been disabled) AND stole my e-mail username and password with a keylogger. I figured out I had a virus when I found several messages in my e-mail outbox that I had not written. CREEPY!!

I'm very careful with my machines because I keep a lot of valuable projects on them, and it seems like we can't always stay ahead of the game. I'm using Kaspersky anti-virus now, it was one of the few anti-virus programs that was "immune" to whatever hooligan programmer was after me.

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
You never know where viruses are coming from these days... may not be the kids. I found something on my computer not long ago that fooled and re-programmed all of my anti-virus and anti-malware software... (it appeared like it was working when in fact it had been disabled) AND stole my e-mail username and password with a keylogger. I figured out I had a virus when I found several messages in my e-mail outbox that I had not written. CREEPY!!

I'm very careful with my machines because I keep a lot of valuable projects on them, and it seems like we can't always stay ahead of the game. I'm using Kaspersky anti-virus now, it was one of the few anti-virus programs that was "immune" to whatever hooligan programmer was after me.
Linux :D and/or Chrome

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
this laptop is on its second life. First go araound it picked up something really nasty. Disabled the anti virus, blocked malware programs, blocked my access to the control panel. This one was a little booger from someplace called gamevance.
HA
so it was the kids!!

Everything is all clear now.
I guess I didnt win that new ipad......dang it