Is Immo Deleted?

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
I have searched and could find nothing related.
I bought a car that has been heavily modified, but don't know if the immo has been deleted. I know how to trip it, but don't want to go that route.
Is there a way in vcds I see on the immo screen if it is deleted?

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
Guess i should have included that info. 03 jetta immo 3 i presume.

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok that was too easy, it is coming on. I was really hoping it had been deleted (po didn't know). will be using the ecu and other performance parts for another project. I will have to send it out to have it deleted....or will I. I will be using a 99 mkiv guage cluster.

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Turn the ignition key to the "On" position.
The IMMO icon will not illuminate.
Ok that was too easy, it is coming on. I was really hoping it had been deleted (po didn't know). will be using the ecu and other performance parts for another project. I will have to send it out to have it deleted....or will I. I will be using a 99 mkiv guage cluster.
Immo light has nothing to do with immo being delete . If you delete immo in ECU and have keys programmed before you do this , light will still comes and go off .
Here is the how to check immo status in any VAG ECU :
With VCDS go to
-01- Engine
-10 adaptation
-ch 91
1= immo delete
4= immo on

Last edited:

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Jetta, I will check that now. I knew there had to be more to it.
Am I correct in assuming If I used this ecu with a 99 cluster, (in a swap I am building)
immo delete will not be necessary in the ecu?

Ok stored value is 4 so immo is on. What would happen if I changed it in the field below?

Last edited:

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Read this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=421194
If you have an immo 3 ecu, it will run fine in your immo3 car. If it's an immo2 ecu, it will never work right with your glow plugs if you have an immo 3 car. Don't know about running an immo3 3 ecu in an immo2 car