Is anyone using ProDiag?

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
I am trying to get feedback from current users of Shadetreesoftware's Pro-Diag system for a Palm type device. Is anyone using this system? What are your results? How do you like it when compared to Vagcom? Thanks for any input you may have, as it will help me make my decision.

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
Go to Search
Put " NO more "
Then put OBD SCANNER for the fourm
the mark all post
Here it is if it works.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13&Number=258355&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

You will get post about the 2 scanners

The bottom line of the post I am talking about is

"CUSTOMER SERVICE"

You will read that Prodiag does not have good support
( I dont know, dont have it)

The fellows at Vagcom help you out if a problem happens.

I got HexCom and it works good.

The bottom line may be 3 issues:
1.Cost of Laptop VS handheld
2.Will ProDiag help you when you need it?
3. Prodiag may have some bugs still in the software.

For the time VAGCOM help is a email or call away.

I can say this, most people here have VagCom
and except for the upfront cost I have never read complaints about it.

( I dont know the people at VAGCOM )
But I wrote to them with a question and they sent me 3 emails back in a few hours and got the question answered.
The guys spent some time looking at what I asked and hooked up a bunch of cars and saw what I was talking about, then they wrote me and said they were talking to the Big boss about it. Within hours they answered my question.

So they seem very concerned that the stuff they sell works like they say it will and people are happy with it.
Thats kind of rare these days.

Vagcom guys!
Do you give SALES commision
?
Just kidding!!!

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Thanks for the response, but I was trying to get feedback from people who ACTUALLY use Prodiag. Anyone out there?

jjvincent

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Green
I tried it once (someone else had it). It was OK, but I am not a Palm user so that didn't help either. I felt the graphing was weak on the ProDiag and that you basically had to download the data to a PC to get a better gragh. With the laptop you get better screen resolution. Personally, I like the bigger screen on a laptop and since the new HEXCOM adapter came out, VAGCOM has a much better product.