Ironic license plate!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
So I saw this on the way home;

I wonder if the owner of this plate thought it through? Or maybe this is a transfer from another vehicle?

The irony is it is not a diesel and, arguably not very powerful. Could be reference to fuel prices in general.

IHVDPWR = I have (the/diesel) power

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

edandemma

TDI
09 Jetta
My guess, before reading, was that it is in reference to just power as in electricity 'I Have Da Power' or 'I Have De Power' most people refer to electricity generically as power ie: "storm came through and now the power is out"

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Probably a local politician trying to ward of soot bombs.
IHVDPOWER, so don't mess with me!

On my screen it's actually hard to tell if it is a Zero or a 'D'

Ronin63

TDI
None yet ;)
OK all you haters :D, I have a Prius and I can tell you it stands for "0" ZERO, nada, zip, zilch power:cool: On the bright side I went 265K miles before I had to replace the brakes for the first time and its the only car I've ever owned (or heard of) that has been taken into a Toyota dealership with over 200K on the clock and told to fix everything wrong and was told by the dealership there was nothing to fix, TWICE!
Now if I could only get an itty bitty 0.9 liter TDI in there I'd really have something. :p

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
OK all you haters :D, I have a Prius and I can tell you it stands for "0" ZERO, nada, zip, zilch power:cool: On the bright side I went 265K miles before I had to replace the brakes for the first time and its the only car I've ever owned (or heard of) that has been taken into a Toyota dealership with over 200K on the clock and told to fix everything wrong and was told by the dealership there was nothing to fix, TWICE!
Now if I could only get an itty bitty 0.9 liter TDI in there I'd really have something. :p
Lucky you - mine went 126K miles before the transmission/hybrid motor totally died. Fixed that, sold it, and bought the TDI (and Toyota lost me as a customer).

I feel you on the brakes - never had to change them. Just replaced the brakes on my TDI - had 30-35% left on them at 120K miles, but changed them anyways.