ipod adaptor

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
Hi all,
I got a question regarding the IPod Adaptor. I bought the adaptor from a VW dealer and got it hooked up at my machanic's. It's not working properly. Manual says I need to hook it (the ipod) into the adaptor before I turn on the car and the VW logo will show up on the ipod after the car's turned on. Well, this didn't happen and the radio is not hooked up to the ipod. Also, it says that the CD can not be run parallel to the ipod adaptor... (what does that mean?) Does it mean that if I use the adaptor, the CD won't work? Please help!!

Jess

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
I'm not sure about the MKV's, but on older MKIVs the iPod was hooked up to either the CD changer cable in the back, or right to the back of the head unit. In either case (as far as I know) you can no longer use the CD changer. But the CD player should work find. It sounds like yours just didn't get hooked up right. Some more info about your car would help, Year, monsoon or not, ect. Also, is it not working AT ALL, or just not right?

Hope that helps a little.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
about the car

I have a 02 Jetta Wagon with Monsoon with single in dash cd. When I hook up the ipod, it does not even register and I never saw the VW logo on the ipod.
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking that I have to go back to the shop on Monday for them to redo the thing. Pain in the @ss. It took a looooong time to put it on.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Knowing what car you have, I would say that it was hooked up wrong. couple last notes, if your shop did it wrong, you should not pay them to fix it. if they give you trouble, I would just take it to a sterio shop where this is all that they do. I haven't yet done this in my TDI, but I replaced my head unit and put in one of these iPod cables in my wife's civic and the whole job didn't take more then about an hour and a half.
there is also always the slim chance that you just got a bad adaptor from the dealer.

Good luck!