Iphone 5 & Bluetooth small issue/question.

RomanL

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 GOLF TDI
this question is for those of you who have IPHONE 5
i just got mine 2 weeks ago, and have recently noticed something weird.

i've noticed that whenever i use SIRI (so i dont have to type or read txt's, traffic, etc) it speaks to me. :)
so after using it, SIRI is OFF i push top Off button so screen goes off (as in im done with my current phone session) but BlueTooth stays connected on PHONE mode. where i would normally *(had HTC phone before this) it would just go back to radio music. even my display keeps saying "PHONE" and just sits there very silent., but the phone session has been ended?

same thing happened just now, i listened to Voice mail, Called someone back, ended Call, and.....silence it did not go back to radio i was listening to, just sat there silently with little "PHONE" icon on the screen .

anyone has any ideas?
thank you

NRU73

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GOLF TDI Silver, 5 Speed
I don't have an Iphone, but I do have some phones where if it's been playing music through Pandora or something and I go to make a phone call afterwards I'll need to re start Pandora since the phone call used up so much memory and the OS dumped Pandora.

Perhaps that is what's happening to you? Siri takes a data connection and the Operating system is dumping out of memory whatever was playing before?

Other than that I'm not sure what it could be.

RomanL

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 GOLF TDI
^^ thanks, i dont think that memory is the issue. with Iphone5 being faster then my work computer i think it can handle operating tons of apps at same time :)
and i've had this same issue after a regular call once as well.
ill keep trying to see if i can figure anything out
thanks

Early8Q

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI 3 pedal
If you push the the phone button at the center of the left and controls I think it will end the phone engagement. I have a 4s and am familiar with your experience. If you just wait, it will eventually go back to the music, but you can end the session. I think that the heads up display shows a live call when using Siri. I have found that using the steering wheel controls will end the session. Maybe this is helpful?

RomanL

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 GOLF TDI
^^^ i've tried that many times.
literally .. my call ended, phone goes black screen (as its OFF) nothing is happening but display is showing that little phone and nothing is happening.

rmacia

TDI
2013 Golf,2 door,grey,6 spd.man.
I use an iPhone 5 in a '13 Golf. Don't use Siri, though. All works perfect.
My guess is Siri blocks your car's Bluetooth controls, somewhat, not allowing complete integration.
If you can live without Siri in the car, maybe try that ?

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
^^^ i've tried that many times.
literally .. my call ended, phone goes black screen (as its OFF) nothing is happening but display is showing that little phone and nothing is happening.
When SIRI is up the little blue phone icon to the right of the SIRI button is a button that will call up a dialog for the selected input, usually iPhone or the VW Bluetooth. That may be part of the issue when going between SIRI and the phone or music.

NukeIT

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 VW Golf TDI
I have noticed it takes longer to go back to radio after using Siri. But it always goes back after a moment for me....