Iowa TDI mechanic in Des Moines?

Tokioi

TDI
2000 Golf TDI
I need a VW mechanic in Des Moines. I took it to Beckley imports but they treat me like the dealership does. Any suggestions?

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
What kind of work are you looking to have done? It seems we are a bit out of luck in Iowa when it comes to trusted mechanics...

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Did you ever figure out your problem? Kinda reminds me of when my door lock control module went bad, key fob quit and the alarm was activated which prevented the car from starting. After I replaced the module everything was fine again.

I'll be passing through Des Moines a little later today en route to WI for some non-TDI related work. I have my VCDS with me, be glad to try and help you out.

-Ben

Kimberly7074

TDI
2005 jetta wagon
Not finding anything, but where can I take my 2001 Golf TDI 6 speed to that is near Des Moines, IA. I'm about 40 minutes west of Des Moines.
I am getting code 1556 where it is losing power, blowing black smoke and eating up my gas now. Wanting to find a reputable mechanic that is familiar with these cars and engines. I just had lower half engine rebuilt last year and it has 412k miles on it, but is my only vehicle. Thanks.

- Kim

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Not finding anything, but where can I take my 2001 Golf TDI 6 speed to that is near Des Moines, IA. I'm about 40 minutes west of Des Moines.
I am getting code 1556 where it is losing power, blowing black smoke and eating up my gas now. Wanting to find a reputable mechanic that is familiar with these cars and engines. I just had lower half engine rebuilt last year and it has 412k miles on it, but is my only vehicle. Thanks.

- Kim
Did you find help when you had this problem, or did you just limp to somewhere else? I have TDI friends near Des Moines and they don't recommend anyone local.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
There's a local mech that was VW who can do TDI work, he's part of projektgerman FB group, I don't think he hangs around here.

I'm live in Des Moines and I have Vag-com but no facility within the city to do any work, my shop is 65 miles south.

Steve

CelesteKaran

TDI
2006 Jetta (manual transmission)
Omni Garage in NE DSM (almost Ankeny) works on my TDI. Keegan was the head Diesel guy at Lithia VW, then opened his own shop.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Omni Garage in NE DSM (almost Ankeny) works on my TDI. Keegan was the head Diesel guy at Lithia VW, then opened his own shop.
That is good to know. I may be moving to West Des Moines soon. If so then I'll check in with Keegan.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I stopped by his shop today. He only has a few service bays, but my first impression is that he knows his stuff.