Introductory ECU tuning procedures?

Drayden17

TDI
Mk4 Jetta (1.9tdi BEW)
Hello everyone, I’m sorta new around here. Last fall I purchased an 05(mk4) Jetta 1.9tdi, and I spent the winter converting it into an autocross kart, to play around with in the spring. With the build drawing to it’s close, I’m wondering if there’s any way for a tuning newbie (me) to edit the car’s ecu map myself. I’ve got a laptop and some tech know how, and it’s a process I would love to try for my own experience (as opposed to paying for a ‘chip’ tune or reflash. Please let me know of any software that can be used to play with ecu values, and share whatever tips and tricks you can! The engine is a BEW code (pd) engine, with the (correct mw of I’m wrong) Bosch 16 ecu. Thanks in advance to those who can help!

Shrumms

TDI
1.5 R4 16v TDI CR 66-81kW
tdi electronics: research topic writemyessayfast.ca
Hi,

Any luck with ECU tuning?
You can check MyChiptuningfiles. And Unitronic software may be a good choice for your Jetta 1.9tdi.

shanky887614

TDI
vw caddy arl
have a look at vagecuremap on youtube or phill mallory, it will take a lot of reading to be able to map your ecu

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Remapping an ECU is something best left to the pros with the proper equipment and software. Just my 2¢...

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
You can use EDC Suite, it's a free software and there are plenty of tutorials on you tube to watch about it.
I'm no pro but I've managed an EGR & MAF delete and enabled the MAP sensor smoke map too.