Introduction and some questions.

JackieZJ

South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, Kwa Zulu Natal.
TDI
2009 2.0 L TDI MK 5 Jetta (Comfortliner Sedan)
Hi all, my name is Jackie Siebert and I am a White male 64 year old pensioner in South Africa, residing in Pietermaritzburg Kwa-Zulu-Natal.
I am the proud owner of a 2009 2.0 L VW Jetta MK 5 Comfortliner sedan. I know I have the Common Rail Engine, but what I don't know is what Kilowatt or if it's a A3 or A4 engine. I have asked around, but the moment people see the engine number CBD015571 they are confused.
Recently the Engine management light came on and my dignostics read it as P2426 Exhaust Gas Re-circulation Cooling Valve Control Circiut Low. I then looked this up on U-Tube and decarbunized the EGR as advised, the car did battle a little to start afterwards and I cancelled the Management Light but it keeps coming on even though I keep cancelling it. If I read the dignostic properly, the last part of it (Control Circuit Low) I'm lead to believe that it may be an electrical issue and not mechanical, can anyone please advise on these matters, I thank you in advance.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Quick search couldn't find spec for CBD engine, but it's out there on the interweb somewhere, maybe a VIN search will turn up something.
Might be the 2.0 R4 16v TDI CR 81-132kW (EA189)
The A designation is the same as the MK, A5=MKV. Basically the chassis.