Introducing The New EVO Golf & Jetta 3 Skid Plate

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
Here at Evolution Auto Accessories, we are extremely pleased to offer our newest Evolution Skid Plate, designed for the MK3 VW’s. We are the only company that designs, develops and tests aluminum skid plates for our VW’s. We have the most competitive prices in the market as well as great customer service.

Using 3/16 inch thick, 5052 grade Aluminum (the same that the VWTDI Rally Car uses) we have made the perfect skid plate for your MK3 VW. This grade of Aluminum is the best for this type of application. The VWTDI Rally Car only goes through 2 skid plates per year, in the worst of conditions. Our skid plate for the average daily driver will last a lifetime.

You will never have to worry about your skid plate rusting, and our Evolution MK3 skid plate only weighs 12lbs, (with all the hardware) making it ideal, for those of you worried about the weight on your car. This also makes it great for when you have to do an oil change and need to remove it.

We offer this Evolution MK3 Skid Plate in a smooth Aluminum, and coming soon is the Diamond Plated Aluminum. You can also purchase the oil drain access hole as an added feature, enabling you to do your oil changes without removing the skid plate.

Installing our Evolution MK3 Skid Plate is really easy!! For most people it will only take 15-20 minutes and no fancy tools are required. Take a look at the skid plate here:

EVO Skid Plate Page

The Evolution MK3 Skid Plate will be available May. 13/05. The price tag on this great new skid plate is $319 CDN. Plus for the month of May, Evolution Auto Accessories is offering you 50% off our large upper bumper protectors when you purchase any one of our great Skid Plates.

So, if you are someone who wants proven protection and reasonable prices, contact us, and get yours today on either our website at:

Contact us here.

Give us a call during business hours at 250-564-8789

Or you can contact us here at TDIclub using the PM(Personal Message).

Thanks everyone.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
My car is lowered.
All the more reason to install a skid plate!

Will I lose any ground clearance vs. the stock plastic lower cover?
I can't speak for the A3 skid plate but I lost maybe 1/4 inch of clearance on my lowered A4, but then again, the reason I bought the skid plate was to protect the vulnerable underside because the car is lowered. The skid plate paid for itself the first time I hit a large rock in the middle of the road while travelling in the fog! Loud <<THUNK!>>, I pul over and inspect the damage with a flashlight and see a tiny nick in the plate! Great product and I highly recommend it!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks, Ed. The Golf has a steel skidplate to protect the fragile aluminum oilpan. The wife exercises it regularly.

The A3 has a steel oilpan, so I'm not overly concerned with cracking it. Just don't want to be constantly dragging a skidplate, if I opt to add one.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
I don't really see the need on the A3s. I am about 1.25" lowered, and have been surprised at the stuff I drive over without hearing any thunks from underneath. Like you said, Bruce, the A3s have a steel pan, so not as critical. From what I see, though, this isn't really a true replacement for the stock skidplate. Yes, it does protect the oilpan, but from the picture, it isn't as wide as the stock one. heck, does this thing protect the transmission at all?

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
You won't loose any ground clearance with this plate. It is situated 3/4" of an inch below the oil pan. This gap has to be there so with any major impacts there is somewhere for the plate to flex. The plate proects the oil pan, a.c., subframe and the lowest part of the transmission.

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
Thanks, Ed. The Golf has a steel skidplate to protect the fragile aluminum oilpan. The wife exercises it regularly.

The A3 has a steel oilpan, so I'm not overly concerned with cracking it. Just don't want to be constantly dragging a skidplate, if I opt to add one.
Well it could give you the opportunity to install a the Large Aluminum Shrick pan with the fins...

what i was realy pissed of about was that whenever i had to have my car towed if it wasn't a falt bed the tow trucks tail would dent my oilpan constantly...on the A2 and A3

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
>>I don't really see the need on the A3s.<<

Well, I once had an unexpectedly lengthened "visit" to New York City when my 1980 Diesel Rabbit happened to go over a metal spike sticking out of the roadway (never even saw it...) The (steel) oil pan and oil pump had to be replaced...

Of course, there was also a comedy of errors with the insurance, but that's another story...

Yuri.