Intermittent High Pitched Whistling Noise

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
Yesterday afternoon, I took my car to get an alignment after having the Audi TT "pre-recall-equivalent" control arms and other components installed recently.

Immediately upon leaving the alignment shop, I started to hear a high pitched whistling noise when accelerating. I was on city streets so I was only going 25-35 MPH. It would go away when I lifted up on the accelerator pedal. I decided to go back to the shop, but by the time I turned around and went 10-15 more blocks, it had gone away so I just kept on driving. However, the sound came back after I parked to do some shopping, but then it went away again. On highway driving between the shop and my home, I didn't hear anything, nor did I experience any power loss.

I called the alignment shop, but this all happened late on a Friday, so they had left so I left a voicemail. I asked my TDI mechanic Justin and he said it sounded like it might be a boost leak.

I know it might just be a coincidence, but I had never heard this noise until after the alignment, so I guess my question is, is there anything boost-related that might've been knocked or nudged during an alignment that I can check on my own over the weekend? I will have it looked at next week either way. Boost is not a system I know much about, but if there are things I can check, I can do that. Or, could this be something else and not boost-related at all?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Behind the passenger side front tire/headlight are some boost pipes.