Intermittent breaks locking up.

sully42

TDI
2013 JSW
2013 Jetta sport wagon, dsg, 60k miles.

This issue has been going on since fall. It started with the breaks locking up and the car not being able to move. The pedal was a brick.
I had it towed to the dealership and they kept it for two weeks and only replaced the vacuum hose that connected the engine to the master cylinder.

The car did not even make it home before it happened again.

It went back in for a few more weeks and they gave up.

I drove it for around 50 miles and it happened again.

This time it went to a local specialty VW Indy shop.

They could not really figure anything out, but did a break flush.

It lasted about 200 miles and happened again.

This time they replaced the ABS module.

Happened again after about 100 miles. This time I started to mess with it, I pulled the vacuum hose and check valve out if the master cylinder, it hissed and the breaks released.

It went back in and they replaced the break booster.

It was great for about 600 miles, had one hiccup where they got tight, messes with the vacuum hoses( not the one that goes to the booster) and the egr solenoid, went into the store I was at for 5 min and it was fine. The car was going in for regular maintenance a few days later. They looked at it, and figured it was air in the lines or something.

Today after another 500 miles. they locked up almost completely again. Messing with the hoses and such did not seam to do to much this time.

So I am lost here.

Could it be vacuum related?

Sometime before it happens the car feels really fast, like it is full boost and it always wants to blow the tires off even under a small amount of throttle.

Ever time this happens, the breaks release after the car sits. Sometimes it is 20 min, sometimes it is hours.

sully42

TDI
2013 JSW
They brakes still don’t feel quite right. Sometimes the pedal is really stiff, and sometimes it is soft. They locked up completely once.
Since my last post they replaced the vacuum booster, and the wheel speed sensors, and adjusted the tension rod.

needsmoarturbo

TDI
2011 JSW
yes there is, i have been trying to figure out which fuse it is.

Does anyone have a reliable source for a fuse list for these cars?
Here is a link for a 2011 it should be close I'd assume. It looks like it matches my 2011.
Fuses 4 and 25 in the underhood box are both absFuse box