Interior swap - pics for TDIRacing

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
So... last Saturday we had little mini Clutch/LSD/Turbo/Interior GTG...

took some pics to share for Olivers memories file :)

we had some parts and work to trade and share:cool:
so i was doing the swap in his pretty worn and tired interior - beige on the inside Jetta...:p no more dog hair haha...

So.. out with the old

Everything had to go....beige is tough...even the door seals and the rearview mirror

comming along nicely...headliner , carpet .....gone

The transformation was to be oem black with my [now] old 2003 sport black cloth seats....as i was unable to source one very small grey part [as the headliner] lol....we experimented with some grey fabric sparays that he got...but it didn't look very good...they were all crap to be honest trying to cover a beige base turned out too dark grey and didn't look good....soo...some of the expensive black ones was the final choise..

and then we thought...well how about a GLI transformation...

A B and C pillars under the gun

to be continued due to image limit....

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
ABC ....

head liner buttoned up...

Hey it's getting dark...Oli can you move your car so we can pull mine in and fix that turbo air leak...:p
here's a bucket seat for temporary use;)

Guess who received my ULTRA RARE DESIREABLE and expensive all Black OEM Jetta GLX rear window shade that no one wanted to by for a while from the local cassifieds...:cool:

Final touches on the front of the headliner and Black Seat Belts are in...the grey actually looks realy cool and unique in person...

image limit again

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
time for the 17k OEM Black carpet...

Grey rearview mirror....naaahh we desided black will look better ...Oliver fast drying the special paint because it's 3:30 am...

no mirror

black mirror ...lol

And guess what...

to top it off NB black sport cloth head rests

yea rewired the seatbelts and airbags [2003] and it's 5 am......but it's PIMPIN :cool:

:eek:

Justler

Veteran Member
Awesome, when I did have a garage, those work into the wee hours of the morning were great! :Thumbs Up:!

Interior looks pimpin ;)

Justler

Veteran Member
Doors cards are cake. Pop out! Pop in! :) That is, unless Oliver is converting his manual windows to power windows =)

My mom has a GLX, i've been pondering stealing her rear window shade and replacing it with mine! mwahaha ;)

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
hehe...if i see some door cards i'll scoop them up for him too...i'm sure i'll owe him for some future uprgades.
I still need to find him a front half black centre console and the vent in the carpet...along with some minor items that need to be replaced with un-broken ones. I scouted like 7-8 cars at the j-yard last two weeks trying to gather all the pieces with Nate [deathbynapalm]...
and we brought him a new trailing arm as he was having alignment issues with his old one....

Last edited:

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
Jump62 said:
Mod to live, Live to Mod. Can't wait to see the final outcome.
Paul
aka Jump62
This pretty much is the final...the goal was to knock out the hard to get to parts that require lots of R&R like the headliner and carpet/seatbelts and pillars
the rest can be changed at your leasure...and wallet permission

No regrets...except maybe that it Was a Saturday...that i could've been out ..lol :cool: well ..i was out.... passed out when i got home so same effect

Last edited: