interface not found

gtrosema

TDI
2002 Jetta
I haven't had to use my Vag Com in awhile. So naturally the latest version loaded when I started it. Should not have done that?
Now I get the above message. I've updated the driver for the USB port still get the same message. That being said I don't think I need the latest version since my car is a 05 Passat. So is there a way to revert to the older version? I'm guessing uninstall and then reinstall. But will I be able to select the older version?

Thanks

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
When you install a new version. You have to go into settings and reconfirm the cable.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I haven't had to use my Vag Com in awhile. So naturally the latest version loaded when I started it. Should not have done that?
Now I get the above message. I've updated the driver for the USB port still get the same message. That being said I don't think I need the latest version since my car is a 05 Passat. So is there a way to revert to the older version? I'm guessing uninstall and then reinstall. But will I be able to select the older version?

Thanks
Which cable do you have?

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
I'm using the latest version (22.9) with Hex-CAN on an 05 Passat and it's working OK (even using Microsoft XP!).
You Do have to go thru the setup or configuration program again to identify the ports, etc to get it to work.
If you need a later version of the dongle for, say, a 2014, or in my case a 2019 TIG, you can get a deal with a trade-in of your old dongle.

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
Just so everyone knows, we (Ross-Tech) offer free product support over the phone for our registered customers. We want our customers up and running.

Have the Ross-Tech device in hand when you call. Not having the device in hand when calling is like going to the vet but leaving Fido back home. :unsure:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Just so everyone knows, we (Ross-Tech) offer free product support over the phone for our registered customers. We want our customers up and running.

Have the Ross-Tech device in hand when you call. Not having the device in hand when calling is like going to the vet but leaving Fido back home. :unsure:
That's exactly why I paid to have my device registered. That way if I'm ever trying to work on somebody else's vehicle or my own and cannot figure out an issue. I can call you guys. Absolutely love your product