Intake Dynoing!!! Lets end this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo johan

Veteran Member
I'm really curious about the results.
A frend of my made this manifold a while ago.

So we tested it on a dyno.
about 4 hp less the the stock manifold.
And making more boost, so it is restrictive.
The tube on top is way to small, we'll try again with a bigger one.

Johan

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
intake has been shipped from PP.. we will have a date set soon:D Jeff, Peter, Paul & Charlie.. send me your dates avaliable to make it to this dyno and we can work it out around that:)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm easy. I assume you're thinking about doing it on a Saturday, so I can work with that. If it's during the week, Thursdays or Fridays are always better.

Passenger Performance

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
83 caddy, soon to be quattro tdi
So let me get this straight Ryan, you've become a KermaTdi parts distributor?
Wow that would be a great test. Send my intake manifold back please.

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
Passenger Performance said:
So let me get this straight Ryan, you've become a KermaTdi parts distributor?
Wow that would be a great test. Send my intake manifold back please.
Maybe he should take some really good pictures of the "workmanship" in the plentem of both manifolds and post them.;) You do know how to do that dont you?

Passenger Performance

TDI
Street Toys said:
Maybe he should take some really good pictures of the "workmanship" in the plentem of both manifolds and post them.;) You do know how to do that dont you?
He is more than welcome to. I do not have pictures of the interiors of either manifold.

I don't even want to start to hear about "oh whats wrong? you are backing out?" bull sh*t. Do you guys seriously think it would be an unbiased test from a Kerma parts distributor with Paul and Charlie there?

If you think yes, consider discontinuing drug use.

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
Why are you so worried about Paul and Charlie for? Heck peter and jeff will be there too? Maybe I'll show up as well? We could all get together and drink a cold one after! I'll even buy the first round! Come on out you'll have a great time too!

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
You make a valid point, but there will be more than just a few people at this event I hope. Enough to make it very hard to skew numbers without looking fishy. There will be unbiased members keeping an eye on things I'm sure.

Passenger Performance

TDI
Heres the thing, I went into this with the thoughts that this was going to be an unbiased test, I told Ryan to give 'er, don't bother calling me before you post results, don't email me, do the test, do it fairly, do it right, be honest and let people know.

Paul and Charlie want me to either go out of business or switch to a different market, they do not appreciate me being apart of the tdi community and they are quick to tell others that what I say and do is false. You also feel the same way, and I know that you guys would love to damage my credibility.
I do not know who Peter is, and besides what I have read on the forum I don't know much about Jeff, we have certainly never done any sort of business together and he has no reason whatsoever to like me or my work. I've never met him or even spoke to him on the phone.

I would consider coming out but I can simply not afford to take the time off, the month of downtime I had from my appendix operation hurt financially especially at this time of year.
Second of all, I don't go east, its too damn cold. :)

Passenger Performance

TDI
Wingnut said:
You make a valid point, but there will be more than just a few people at this event I hope. Enough to make it very hard to skew numbers without looking fishy. There will be unbiased members keeping an eye on things I'm sure.
I would like to agree, but the odds of there actually being any truely unbiased members there would be slim to none. I think everyone has already come to conclusions as to who they would like to see win and we all know that it is Kerma with votes there. People tend to believe what they like.

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
I I don't know much about Jeff, we have certainly never done any sort of business together and he has no reason whatsoever to like me or my work. I've never met him or even spoke to him on the phone.

. :)
You always say that you call out bull $hit. Now that is........ Would you like someone to pull up the post last year when you said jeff called you on the phone with the results of the Pikes peak run? :rolleyes:

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
Unbiased is the single word that describes the rules for this dyno test.

Check with Ryan and you will learn that we were adamant that this test is absolutely fair.

Don't worry your manifold will be dynoed fairly and we will all learn a little more about what works!

If you don't want to dyno it will be everyone's loss.

Heres the thing, I went into this with the thoughts that this was going to be an unbiased test, I told Ryan to give 'er, don't bother calling me before you post results, don't email me, do the test, do it fairly, do it right, be honest and let people know.

Paul and Charlie want me to either go out of business or switch to a different market, they do not appreciate me being apart of the tdi community and they are quick to tell others that what I say and do is false. You also feel the same way, and I know that you guys would love to damage my credibility.
I do not know who Peter is, and besides what I have read on the forum I don't know much about Jeff, we have certainly never done any sort of business together and he has no reason whatsoever to like me or my work. I've never met him or even spoke to him on the phone.

I would consider coming out but I can simply not afford to take the time off, the month of downtime I had from my appendix operation hurt financially especially at this time of year.
Second of all, I don't go east, its too damn cold. :)

Passenger Performance

TDI
Street Toys said:
You always say that you call out bull $hit. Now that is........ Would you like someone to pull up the post last year when you said jeff called you on the phone with the results of the Pikes peak run? :rolleyes:
Go for it, the call was from Oliver and it was a text message.

Passenger Performance

TDI
VailPowder said:
Unbiased is the single word that describes the rules for this dyno test.

Check with Ryan and you will learn that we were adamant that this test is absolutely fair.

Don't worry your manifold will be dynoed fairly and we will all learn a little more about what works!

If you don't want to dyno it will be everyone's loss.
Paul, I would love an unbiased test, things have changed a lot since the beginning of talks between Ryan and I. I must say I am very bumbed, but I can't say I couldn't have guess something like this was coming.

I don't believe it is everyone's loss that I do not want to dyno, hopefully there are at least a few individuals who understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.