Intake Cleaning in Vancouver Area

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
My daughter needs the intake in her 2000 Jetta TDI cleaned out and since her car just threw a 17911 code - someone to look at her alternator pulley.

Who can anyone recommend in the Vancouver area as an affordable mechanic to take a look at these issues? Or is there a GTG planned for intake cleaning coming up in the near future?

Thanks, any help is appreciated....

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
How about a trip to Lake Stevens, Washington. Ed may be riding the Ferry across. Check the GTG list and see who all will be there.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Is your daughter in Vancouver now? Been a while since we've met up, I'd almost thought you no longer had a TDI. If yourr daughter doesn't mind making the short drive to Abbotsford, I highly recommend JS Performance. They're just off the Mt Lehman exit from Highway 1, about a 45-minute drive from Van. They do great work and reasonably priced, especially compared to the dealerships!

Here's a link to their website and thei de-carboning service - LINK

If you or your daughter give them a call, be sure to mention that I sent you to them for a little VIP treatment! ;)

N_J

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2002 Golf 5 speed TDI Indigo Blue Pearl
Usual suspects listed here in a recent thread.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=351608

I personally use VW Petrolero (Tony) and German Motor Car.

In the last thread I didn't mention Yogi @ W Motors on Brunette in New Westminster

MeanGreen (Harold) and I got dirty cleaning my intake, not sure if he's around anymore....

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey NJ long time no see..And yes i am still here.Hope to see you at one of the next GTG

Northeren pm'ed you

MeanGreen (Harold) and I got dirty cleaning my intake, not sure if he's around anymore....

[/QUOTE]

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
Hi Ed, yes I kept my 03 until I traded it in on my 2012 TDI which I am enjoying driving, in fact I need to take it in for its 30,000 Km check soon. My daughter loves her TDI but now that she is not on the island I can't do the work on it so I need to find a good mechanic around Vancouver....