Installing Dieselgeeks fix on MK6 Jetta.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Hi people of tdiclub forums in Ontario.

After buying my car, I began getting the dreaded p2015 code.

I did some digging and found a dealership that ended up replacing my intake manifold. Before that, I had to find a sweet spot when accelerating.

After that, everything was great for one year.

Now, I have the same issue with finding a sweet spot on my pedal. After some research, I found the dieselgeek fix.

As it took me almost half an hour to replace a light bulb on my car and I'm still not sure if I did it properly, I'm not confident in my mechanical skills.

I've watched numerous videos on how to do it but I don't have the desire to mess with my car with the possibility of making things worse.

I'm asking for help.

If anyone from Ontario is experienced and can help me install it, maybe we can find a time and a price that will work. I live in Markham.

Thank you.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Seems like a very straight forward job. I just watched some online videos. Do you have all the necessary tools required? I'm in Markham too and could come by to help.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I would suggest finding someone with VCDS (or similar tool) to help because you can read the actual sensor value. If it is in the correct range, the device is installed correctly. It's not difficult, but it is also easy to do it wrong.

Have Fun!

Don

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Thanks guys. I don't have any tools or even the part. I was hoping to secure help with it first before investing into all I need.

I'm happy with all the assistance and support I get to have this done right at a reasonable price.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
So in conclusion is someone willing to lend their expertise, tools and time for some money and gratitude lol.

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Super easy install. Do it yourself. You can't learn if you never start. You only need a T30 Torx screwdriver or socket for this one.

Charles (HumbleMechanic) talks about it in this video and shows how it goes on, etc.

There are like 4 or 5 videos on the DieselGeek site where you order it from, as well.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Problem is I'm not getting a code it's just not as snappy as it used to be on D. I have to put it in manual or S to get it to be like it used to.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Super easy install. Do it yourself. You can't learn if you never start. You only need a T30 Torx screwdriver or socket for this one.

Charles (HumbleMechanic) talks about it in this video and shows how it goes on, etc.

There are like 4 or 5 videos on the DieselGeek site where you order it from, as well.
I totally get that. Thanks for posting. I don't have confidence I won't mess things up.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Is anyone up to assisting with this that has all the tools and the software needed to make sure it goes well?

Is it better to take it to a mechanic? Keeping in mind I don't have the ability to do this on my own confidently.

Bsmith677

TDI
2010 jetta tdi 4 door sedan 6sp MT
I'd do it if you were closer. It isnt bad at all. Putting the spring on was the hardest for me.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Is it better to take it to a mechanic? Keeping in mind I don't have the ability to do this on my own confidently.
I will recommend that. Based on your location, Precision Tuning (Perjad) is the closest recommended shop in our forums. Call him and get it done there.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
It's funny you suggested that because I reached out to him and he said he can't do that.

I will recommend that. Based on your location, Precision Tuning (Perjad) is the closest recommended shop in our forums. Call him and get it done there.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
It's funny you suggested that because I reached out to him and he said he can't do that.
Hmm OK, didn't know that he isn't able to do it.

There's a suggestion in post #8 of this thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...selgeeks-fix-on-mk6-jetta.509144/post-5616499.
Giles's shop is in Markham and he's highly recommended as well (may not be the cheapest though).

The only other shop that I'll recommend for this is DCB (Brandon) but he's moved away and located now in Orillia. He's highly recommended as well.

Good Luck.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
That's because you already have the part and are just looking for someone to install it. Its like going to the dealer and telling them to install pads and rotors that you've purchased online instead of them providing.

Last edited:

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
That's because you've already have the part and are just looking for someone to install it. Its like going to the dealer and telling them to install pads and rotors that you've purchased online instead of them providing.
Hmm didn't think about this, yes probably that's the reason...

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
No, he legit said I never did that before. Also he would still charge labour.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Bringing this post back up from the dead.
I just purchased the Diesel Geeks P2015 bracket from Roseland in Nova Scotia and I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

I don't want to do this installation on my own. I saw the instructions and I'm not confident enough to do it.

I want to know if there is someone with experience installing these that can assist with the installation of the part onto my MK6 TDi.

Obviously you'll be paid for your time.

Thanks in advance.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
This was done by Rob (KrazyKipa).
Thanks again.
I recommend him to anyone that needs this done. Great man.