Installed a dog bone insert today and WOOO baby!

Dalon

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MKV Jetta TDI 1.9L - 237k 2013 Passat TDI - 31k
So I had ordered a dog bone insert over a month ago and the company kept having issues with their polyurethane provider so I cancelled the order and bought ECS Tuning's insert which is 88A. Installed it today and it is fantastic!!! The vibrations honestly aren't bad, I think they are very mild. The car's acceleration and shifting feels much more confident and very crisp now! A tip to anyone looking to install this, jack up the entire car so the frame is even, otherwise when you remove the bolt, the hole won't be aligned properly and the replacement bolt will not go in. I also had to use a floor jack with a 2x4 piece of wood to push the insert in the rest of the way once I had it in about 60-70% of the way so prepare for that too. If you have a 4 point jack then you are golden and probably won't have any of these issues since everything should be dead even.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
So I had ordered a dog bone insert over a month ago and the company kept having issues with their polyurethane provider so I cancelled the order and bought ECS Tuning's insert which is 88A. Installed it today and it is fantastic!!! The vibrations honestly aren't bad, I think they are very mild.
I bought one for my 06 over a month ago as well, and it's still sitting on the bench.:)

Where/when are you getting the vibrations? When in reverse?

Dalon

Veteran Member
TDI
I bought one for my 06 over a month ago as well, and it's still sitting on the bench.:)
Where/when are you getting the vibrations? When in reverse?
Not getting any harsh vibrations that aren't to be expected with putting in a stiffer mount/insert...I'm not experiencing any more vibrations in reverse unless I am backing up on a hill but I would always get vibrations before too...I'm DSG btw. Idle is quite a bit different and you can definitely notice more vibrations when idling with the car in park as well.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A VG investment. No extra vibration and it will firm up the on off throttle response just enough.

With these cars, I think the reverse chatter is just how they are. If you are backing you want to get the clutch fully engaged as soon as possible, especially when backing up a hill. The insert won't change that.

Last edited:

Dalon

Veteran Member
TDI
A VG investment. No extra vibration and it will firm up the on off throttle response just enough.

With these cars, I think the reverse chatter is just how they are. If you are backing you want to get the clutch fully engaged as soon as possible, especially when backing up a hill. The insert won't change that.
Right...I was honestly expecting more vibrations...may get a billet dog bone next and then BFI's stage 2 transmission mount. The throttle response and overall handling definitely feels more confident and crisp though