installed 17/22 and computer w malone

cbass

TDI
2003 Wagon
Car is not making boost.

• MAF Deadlined at 35x plugged in and 55x unplugged
  • car is requesting boost but not making it.
  • Haven't installed 3 bar yet (will do tomorrow)..
  • reclocked the turbo from up position (towards intake) to down position like factory when i received it.

will any of these affect boost?

Malone stage 5
520's
11mm
etc

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Is the ecm you installed programmed for a 2.5 bar or 3 bar map? It will make a difference. Also, what hardware is your ecm tuned for, and is what you listed the hardware that's installed? Is it really a stage 2 Malone?

Last edited:

cbass

TDI
2003 Wagon
Is the ecm you installed programmed for a 2.5 bar or 3 bar map? It will make a difference. Also, what hardware is your ecm tuned for, and is what you listed the hardware that's installed? Is it really a stage 2 Malone?
tuned for a 3bar. the computer is tuned for the same hardware i have + egr delete & immo del (which is done i just dont list as a mod)

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
You HAVE to match the map sensor to the calibration in the ecu for proper turbo operation.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Yeah definitely have to install that with it, otherwise it'll be a dog turd on power with no boost, cause it thinks it's getting all the boost, when it isn't.

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
If after you install 3bar sensor it doesn't make boost, take a look at what you have changed when you reclocked the turbo. Check basic settings on channel 11 to see if you have at least 100mbar difference (ideal is like 120+).