Inspection Now!

SebastianLee

TDI
14JSW
Forgive my ignorance, but this popped up yesterday on MFD. Googling shows how to reset it, the owner's manual basically says take it to the dealership. I bought the car in October, oil and fuel filter were changed then.

Should I just ignore it and reset it?

-:vw:-

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
Assuming you know the mileage it needs changed at you have two options:

1) Yell back at the MFD.
2) Reset.

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
It seems a safe bet the dealership didn't reset the service warnings if it was changed in October, since you probably haven't hit 10k since then. I would reset it, but also take the time to get under the hood and check fluid levels for oil, coolant, brake fluid so you know it isn't something else causing the warning and so you have a baseline moving forward. All vehicles lose fluids at different rates, I add about a 1/4 qt. of oil every 10k, and keeping and eye on oil level and the coolant level and appearance can help prevent possible heater core issues later.

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
All vehicles lose fluids at different rates, I add about a 1/4 qt. of oil every 10k, and keeping and eye on oil level and the coolant level and appearance can help prevent possible heater core issues later.
That seems odd, on my TDI's I generally add about 4.5qts of oil every 10k, after I use my extractor to remove 4.5qts of sooty black oil... :rolleyes:

My 2019 e-Golf has been counting down the days backwards starting from 30 with the message "Inspect in ## Days". I'm pretty sure the dealer is just going to reset the service interval indicator when it shows up again for warranty work. If I don't reset it with the OBDEleven first. :rolleyes:

On the wife's JSW, I haven't encountered anything other than the oil service reminder, yet...

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Inspection reminder is on 2014+. There are youtube videos on how to reset it. If you know how to reset the oil change light, it is the same procedure, just turn on the hazard lights first.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
ha, Leave it to Volkswagen. Who thinks up some of these "warnings"? :rolleyes:

inspections now? My B5.5 would say "maintenance workshop". Car names like 'EOS' etc...

SebastianLee

TDI
14JSW
Yeah it just seemed odd that it came on at 15k. So I’m guessing it has some time related function also.