Input needed!

Jzallan

TDI
2001 jetta TDI, 2002 jetta TDI, 1996 Passat TDI, 2004 Passat TDI
Hi all!! Life long VW owner including plenty of TDI’s. So I found a Touareg TDI for sale. It’s a 2004 with 112,xxx miles. The V10 of coarse. I have yet to own a Touareg and want to know if this is a good vehicle? The asking price is $9900. Looks pretty comparable to others as far as condition and price. Any thoughts are welcome!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fourdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Touareg V10 TDI
Check also on Club Touareg. They have a pretty comprehensive post on the do's and dont's of buying used Touaregs. Search for a post on this by member noobytoogy.
There are lots of things which can go wrong on these vehicles. NONE are cheap to fix. It will NOT be an inexpensive transport vehicle if you get it.

Jzallan

TDI
Check also on Club Touareg. They have a pretty comprehensive post on the do's and dont's of buying used Touaregs. Search for a post on this by member noobytoogy.
There are lots of things which can go wrong on these vehicles. NONE are cheap to fix. It will NOT be an inexpensive transport vehicle if you get it.

Thanks! I had a feeling it could be a possible money pit! Not saying it will, but it has that possibility. It would have been just an extra car for the novelty. Seemed like kind of a unique setup.

Jzallan

TDI
Thanks! I had a feeling it could be a possible money pit! Not saying it will, but it has that possibility. It would have been just an extra car for the novelty. Seemed like kind of a unique setup.

Probably shouldn’t anyways! Too many projects as it is!

Fourdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Touareg V10 TDI
Probably shouldn’t anyways! Too many projects as it is!

I got mine because of some of the features which are not available anywhere else. My 2000 Golf TDI [regularly got 50 mpg! and 800 mi range] was too low to the ground for me to easily get in and out of any more and the 2 dr meant that any car parked next meant an additional struggle.
My Touareg has air ride and lowers for entrance/exit. It is also diesel (important to me as an engineer) and has HUGH draw bar pull with the 4WD and hefty weight. It is of course 4 dr. and is very comfortable on the highway.
I am also used to the care and feeding of diesels - have owned nothing else since 1980 [Oldsmobile POS]

JoeLarocque

TDI
1.5L TDI Engine
I would suggest you go with the purchase of a new Touareg if you do not want to face any problem with the used one. No matter what, a used automobile collaborate with some or the other issues after some time, so it is better to spend more money on buying the new one rather than spending money on frequent repairs. A friend of mine too has got his new Touareg which has been safely transported by a reputed transportation company, about which he goes to know through this website. He is now doing well with his new car.